Supreme Court Declares Same-Sex Marriage Legal in ALL 50 States

Cheap21

• Members

There aren't enough votes to pass a constitutional amendment, so there's not much of a worry for that. Roe v. Wade has been attacked for years, yet it is still in tact. A court interpretation was the only way this was going to get done.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I meant longterm on the amendment, although it's unlikely. The Roe vs Wade thing is a situation where the right is still there, but many states have made it difficult for clinics to stay open or women to get an abortion. It won't be as easy to do that with marriage...just makes me uneasy. I just hope people stay safe after some of the rhetoric going around today.

• Members
What really pisses me off though is that now i have to put up with religious hicks all day on the bus and dg going on about how God Is frowning and that the US is sodom and gomorrah 2.0. Some are even saying that he is getting ready to return for judgment day.

• Members

The only time I 'threatened' to move to Canada was when I feared that George W. Bush would become President of the United States. I had a gut feeling that should he get elected, it would be the beginning of sorrows, at least for me. Sadly, that feeling proved to be prophetic.sad.png

I could never understand why people feel the need to rule over people's personal lives when it is of no consequence to society. Not everyone has to agree or champion everyone else's positive affirmations (although it would be nice) but people should really respect the decision of consenting adults who want to go on ahead and sort out their personal business and stay out of their business.

Half of those people who wail about the sanctity of marriage, will gladly watch a marathon of Sister Wives.

• Members

So many of these people who hide behind their bibles forget such passages as divorced women who shall be stoned. Or divorce itself as a sin.

Or they threaten to quit watching Bold & Beautiful because of the transgender story, but have watched 100's of men enter Brooke Logan and Taylor Hayes' vaginas for YEARS. Three-fourths of those men from the SAME FAMILY!

Archived