Baltimore Riots

Nate4

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was fast. That's a little troubling. I hope the DA has all her ducks in a row. The defense attorneys will not be playing. The police union has already come out and firmly stated the officers did nothing wrong.

• Members

I just want people to stop killing each other. Period. Doesn't matter what color you are. We are all one race. Human. There's no reason at all to kill another person.

If the riots stop that. Then, good. But, all in all. I just hope nobody else gets hurt/killed from the rioting. And, everything goes peacefully.

*thumbs up*

I thought I was the only one who saw through all the BS with the government around here. (I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist.)

Also. The mainstream news channels are so full of crap. All of them have an agenda. They just can't tell the actual truth.

• Members
I agree even "liberal" news outlets like CNN and MSNBC have ulterior motives. FOX News is on a whole other level. Just shameless and will tell outright lies. I remember when Obama was re-elected they refused to admit it and kept hoping it was a mistake :lol:

• Members

At this point I think racists have a convoluted irrational/illogical way of perceiving people that goes beyond skin tone. It seems to be more about their negative perception of the black race than it is about skin tone. Some of them don't have disdain for non-black people who have darker skin than black people (some Indians) and they don't always see certain black people as being black (some non-American black people). In those instances I believe they associate black with sub-human behavior instead of physical features.

The bottom line is still about how we treat people and policies and laws can only make discrimination illegal but it cannot force individuals to think in a way that leads to greater harmony.

CNN, MSNBC, et al love to have "experts" discuss race and I doubt it's with the intent of making anything better. They generally include too many people so that everyone does not get equal time to express complete thoughts and they usually devolve into finger pointing. Everyone is lumped together as if they share singular thoughts and their feeling are puported to come from American history when I doubt that many gadget-consumed people are even giving a milisecond of thought to history, if they even know any. It shouldn't be an intellectual discussion because then it becomes bogged down with socio-political labels.

I also don't think painting the police with a broad stroke is helpful either. Clearly some are good and some are terrible. Training is sometimes and issue and dispostion and biases are sometimes factors as well. And there also probably needs to be a separate state-level prosecutorial department which deals with possible police misconduct exclusively so there is a distinct line between prosectors who rely on police evidence and prosecutors who may have to bring charges against police.

Archived