Fuller House

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

All I know is that I have always been physically unable to finish even one episode of the show. I just can't do it, not even to stare at Stamos (but then I do think he looks better now in many ways).

Still, this doesn't seem like such a bad idea and I love the FULLER HOUSE title. I mean, what else would they do?

So you mean to say that it's somewhere in... the middle?

I just couldn't resist.

• Members

Not sure why Full House is looked down upon so. In all honesty, a lot of sitcoms back then (at least, the ABC sitcoms I can think of off the top of my head) had heavy doses of cheese, corniness, and life lessons neatly wrapped up in 22 minutes (unless it was *really* special, in which case a two-parter was was given). A lot of those that I grew up with -- Family Matters, Step By Step, Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, etc. -- had the exact same elements, and were hits for what they were back then. Nowadays, with everything being cheeky, sarcastic, and self-aware, a whole network lineup of this kind of programming would flop.

What we could use even nowadays is a nice balance of well-written characters, genuine laugh-out-loud humor, and a bit of sexual innuendo that is clever enough that the actual sex acts and words are not uttered, but merely hinted at.... or, just watch reruns of The Golden Girls and you're set.

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Are they gonna bring back Step by Step and Family Matters while they're at it?

The show was so corny though but I'm sure there's a part of America who will embrace it. It will be interesting to see if they retain the cheesy feeling of the original or will they try to "modernize" the show to reflect the times....

• Members

I love how every episode ended with sappy music and Danny's forgiveness...

"Now Michelle, I know that you smoked crack, stole my car, and ran down the Gibblers, but I know that you did it because you were crying out for my attention. I forgive you and I'm sorry."

"That's okay, Daddy."

"Just one more thing, Michelle. The cost of cleaning Kimmy off of my windshield is coming out of your allowance."

"You got it, dude!"

*Laughter and applause*

*Roll credits*

• Members

I for the life of me don't know how this show fit in as well as it did on ABC's classic Tuesday night lineup alongside Roseanne, Coach, and Home Improvement. I know it aired on Friday's during its first few seasons, but obviously hit its ratings stride in its Tuesday night timeslot.

Granted, Roseanne and Home Improvement centered around families as well, but of course had a different sensibility since they were a direct result of the standup routines of the comedians who starred in them.

I think Full House aired before Roseanne on that now iconic ABC Tuesday night lineup. I can't think of two family sitcoms that could be more the polar opposites of one another as those two are.

Edited by BetterForgotten

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Which leaves him alive [i'd assume]. LOL.

I'm slightly interested in this. I can't believe it's actually happening.

Seems the plan is to focus on DJ, Stephanie and Kimmy. Can you imagine them living together? LOL

I don't buy DJ is expecting unless it's Stephanie expecting. I'd rather them not do a 'we're having a baby!' from the first episode. But I guess that's what makes it 'Fuller House'

And golly gee, DJ has BOYS now. Not girls. Who didn't see that one coming? And one's named J.D. LOL. Come on. The cheese factor is already starting.

• Members

Absolutely. I'm more in the middle, though--LOVED it as a kid, but cringe quite a bit at the humor now. That said, the car in the kitchen episode and the episode where the cement truck winds up in the kitchen had some genuinely funny moments, so maybe the secret there is that the show just needed heavy machinery in a culinary atmosphere in order to be funny. :lol: