The Oscars

Soapsuds

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's about damn time something was funny. We only had to wait, what, eighteen hours for it to happen? And I'll even forgive the fact that it was basically a retread on a stupid blunder that was old about five seconds after it originally happened.

• Members

I doubt it was a coincidence TBH. They really are trying too hard, but the message and the song are beautiful so I won't knock them for rewarding it, however, after all the ... obviousness of tonight, I can't help but figure they sort of "had" to give them that award.

• Members

Academy Awards show producers clasp their hands in prayer, on their knees as they say repeatedly...

"Please don't let the ratings drop from last year, please don't let the ratings go down from last year..." over and over.

You know if American Sniper wins, Morgan Freeman will be presenting the award, right?

• Members

Lady Gaga singing "The Sound of Music". Now I have seen and heard it all.

And yes, I am aware of the fact that perhaps the whitest movie musical ever gets a shout out at the Oscars in a year when everyone is trying to be racially diverse. Make of THAT what you will.

Archived