• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

cfd4e84718c5891826fbf7f710073d4f

" data-width="466">

• Members

I was never a major fan of the show - the Chris Carter prose is so purple and mannered and has aged terribly, and the music and aesthetic usually didn't work for me. But I really liked the leads, and there are a number of episodes that really stick with you and make you uncomfortable, like the one in the woods with the fireflies or whatever, and the one with Harriet Sansom Harris as one of those clone women, and others. So I kept tabs on it and would watch it casually. I dug the first movie, thought the second one was truly horrible, and didn't understand how the two agents kept going to work week after week after the upper management at the office was openly trying to murder them and when they kept finding and losing obvious evidence of aliens. I also don't understand why Scully had to give up her alien baby or whatever. That was ludicrous to me.

But I still often hit it up on Netflix and watch a fair bit off and on, so I'm cool with this being back. I'll watch it. I hope whatever they do with it is a clear, concise story, preferably one that has absolutely no role for Annabeth GIsh.

Archived