GH: Actor re-signs!

• Members

Meh. So I guess the whitewashing of Sonny's crime is going to begin real soon. :rolleyes:

By next year, Michael will embracing and forgiving his fraudulent father for killing his birth father.

So sick of Sonny....

Oh please. Maurice is one of the few that would've found work elsewhere. Betcha DAYS, B&B, and especially Y&R (with Jill and Pratt) would've made him nice offers to come over there. Jill would clean the whole damn canvas and have a major cast exodus (a much needed one) to make room for Maurice.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps don't pay as much as these stars luxurious lifestyles. Living in California is very expensive. A 2 bedroom house in Los Angeles can be over 1 million. He needs the job he's not someone who has excess cash and without the job and the cost of Los Angeles u can get broke fast. Now Julia Roberts she semi retired from movies and is very picky she's worth over a 100 million now she can retire lol. Jill could find a role for him she loves Maurice but the canvas is very full right now.

• Members

Unless he is a fool he has plenty of money for an actor in daytime. He was the highest paid GH star for a good decade. During Guza he worked well over his gaurentee and the show kept him on the front burner all the time. I can imagine he will stay until his kids are done with any expensive schooling and he is ready to go. I'm certain he makes less because he is onscreen less than during previous regimes.

Geary is also paid very well, but his dollar amount hasn't really gone up, he just gets to keep his money and work much less.

• Members

O.M.G.

But I agree with everyone who says GH is a black hole with or without him. He has drained this show of life for years. I can't stand his acting tics, although I think maybe some (some but not nearly all) of my intense dislike comes from my loathing of Sonny and how it feels like we've never gone a day without him.

I admit when I first saw the topic, I totally read it the other way! Wishful thinking or me being a ditz as usual? Little bit of both!

• Members

I said this before on another topic about Sonny. I loved him after the terrible stripper story ended. But he was a compelling actor then. Plus his scenes were with Luke, Laura, Lucky, Robin, Stone, and Brenda. And he was just a flunky. His mob story back then had real risks for him and his friends.

When he is surrounded by compelling characters and decent actors, I can tolerate him. But the last few years have isolated him and placed Sonny in terrible stories. I would not miss him at all if he was gone. Brenda couldn't make me care about him again, and God help me, I still love Vanessa Marcil.

Archived