CBS To Start Retro OTA Channel - Decades

applcin

• Members

No schedule yet but wiki does have a list of affiliate stations:

City of license / Market Station Channel
TV (RF) Los Angeles KCBS-TV 2.2 (43)

Sacramento - Stockton - Modesto KOVR 13.2 (25)

San Francisco - Oakland - San Jose KPIX-TV 5.2 (29)

Denver KCNC-TV 4.2 (35)

Miami- Fort Lauderdale WFOR-TV 4.2 (22)

Chicago WBBM-TV 2.2 (12)

Baltimore WJZ-TV 13.2 (13)

Boston WBZ-TV 4.2 (30)

Detroit WWJ-TV 62.2 (44)

Green Bay - Appleton, Wisconsin WBAY-TV 2.3 (23)

Milwaukee WDJT-TV 58.4 (46)

Minneapolis - St. Paul WCCO-TV ** 4.2 (32)

New York City WCBS-TV 2.3 (33)

Philadelphia KYW-TV 3.3 (26)

Pittsburgh KDKA-TV 2.2 (25)

Nashville WJDE-LD 32.3 (31)

Fort Worth - Dallas KTVT 11.2 (19)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hm. I might have Get TV. Not sure. Some of them I never ever watch. I'm surprised I get so many.

Bounce just added a bunch of sitcoms I think. Parent'hood, A Different World, Roc I think and some others.

Doesn't look like I'll get Decades, at least when it launches. My local CBS affiliate has Cozi TV and Heartland (my local NBC has ME-TV, which I can't pick up with my antenna, which is odd because I get all of the other local channels no problem in the same area, and my local ABC has Grit and a spanish channel, and their sister channel has Antenna TV) so I kind of hope none of them get replaced and they just add on Decades at some point. I know they can add up to 5 or 6 digital channels on top of their main one. Ion has Ion, Ion Life, Paid Programming, QVC, HSN ... lol

• Members

Oh, I also get Escape, too. I forget about that one.

ANOTHER new over the air network will be launching soon (on April 15th): LAFF. No word on what sitcoms will air but it's a comedy network [naturally ... lol].

New York (WABC-TV), Los Angeles (KABC-TV), Chicago (WLS-TV), Philadelphia (WPVI-TV), San Francisco (KGO-TV), Houston (KTRK-TV), Raleigh (WTVD-TV) and Fresno (KFSN-TV). These stations will carry the network on their .3 subchannel, while the .2 will still be the Live Well Network. The latter network will only remain on the ABC Owned Television Stations and no where else in the country. The E.W. Scripps Company will also launch LAFF on its stations in Detroit (WXYZ-TV), Phoenix (KNXV-TV), Tampa (WFTS-TV), Denver (KMGH-TV), Cleveland (WEWS-TV), Indianapolis (WRTV-TV), Baltimore (WMAR-TV), San Diego (KGTV-TV), Kansas City (KSHB-TV), Cincinnati (WCPO-TV), West Palm Beach (WPTV-TV), Buffalo (WKBW-TV) and Tulsa (KJRH-TV). These initial agreements will make LAFF available to more than 35% of the country, with more distribution additions expected to be announced shortly.

It's like the original days of cable when we had specific networks for certain things. Like original Comedy Central (or Ha!), etc.

I love all these networks popping up! Who will need cable? Just put up an antenna (if you can)!

• Members

I was waiting for a game show OTA network! Yay! LOL I miss what GSN used to be.

Again, who's going to need cable? LOL

I've heard LAFF could have sitcoms so we'll see whenever a lineup is announced. I'm sure a majority of it will be comedy specials, movies, originals and other random comedy stuff.

This is soooo random, but I'm watching Ion Life right now, Superman III is on and it's just TERRIBLE. Lord. I forgot how bad that one is. It's making me hate Richard Pryor. LOL

• Members

The Denver affiliate is debuting Decades months early...the station goes online Friday night, 1/23 at 10 pm. I wonder if any others will debut it before May. Anyway, the article gives more info about some of the shows it's airing. It appears they are doing marathons of shows from start to finish until the grand debut in May, when they normalize the schedule:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/01/21/decades-cbs4-sub-channel-debuts-this-friday/

They seem to have a lot of what Me-TV has/had. I wonder if Me-TV's license for some of those shows will be up and they just move to Decades, or if some of them will air on both. Dragnet and Adam-12 have sure been making the diginet rounds as each station's time is up--from Antenna TV to Me-TV to COZI-TV.

• Members

That's a very bizarre way to begin the network, though I guess it was just something to throw together until the official launch. Still, very odd to run one show at a time. I'm trying to do the math, and I don't understand how they'll go all the way through Phil Silvers's 142 episodes in less than 48 hours. I guess not all of the episodes are included in the syndication package.

So in love with the Doris Day Show attention on MeTV and now this channel.

• Members

Decades is online now in NYC, channel 2.2! smile.png I had to rescan before the channel came up.

At the moment Get Smart is on and the logo says "Countdown to Decades." They seem to be doing soft launches in various cities, probably to work out any kinks. If your area is scheduled to get the channel, you may want to try re-scanning now to see if it's up already.

They've put some more information up on their website, including a pdf calendar with some dates of upcoming "binge" shows. It is a lot of what Me-TV has been showing (makes sense since it's the same company, Weigel)....and for you Dark Shadows fans...it's included in the binge.

Here's the calendar for their binges until their big launch:

http://www.decades.com/file/DECADES_BINGE_Calendar.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Decades officially launched today. They are programming in 6-hour blocks, which are repeated 4x a day. Plus, it's based on a "theme" that's different every day. On weekends, they will do binges. I guess it remains to be seen how viewers will respond to the repetitiveness of the daily schedule with the unpredictability of not having a set daily or weekly schedule. Makes it kind of hard to know when a particular show is next going to be on.

Archived