CBS To Start Retro OTA Channel - Decades

applcin

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sony owns the rights to Norman's shows. Right now, Antenna TV has on a lot of his shows (since they have access to the Sony library)...AITF, Good Times, Maude, Sanford & Son and they're starting The Jeffersons and One Day at a Time next year.

I'm thinking we're going to see more of the stuff owned or distributed by CBS Productions, Paramount, Desilu, etc., since they mention Star Trek, I Love Lucy, Perry Mason, Happy Days, Cheers...all of which are owned by one of those. I wonder how it'll affect stations like Me-TV who are currently airing a lot of those shows. And they say it won't be like a consistent schedule....curious to see how that will work out. On the one hand, you don't get bored with the same reruns recycling so soon (like Antenna TV) but then if it's a show you like, you want to know when it's going to be on!

I love seeing these new retro diginet substations pop up. I'm still hoping one day someone will devote a substation to classic soaps.

• Members

Daytime or nighttime?

When I read this I immediately started to hope to see some classic ATWT, GL or even Y&R or some other daytime drama that aired on CBS. Then I remembered how often soap fans get our hopes dashed (Soap Classics, anyone) and then immediately decided not even to think about for another moment.

If it happens, I'd be over the moon but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I forget about Aspire.

I wish I got Retro again, just for the Doctors, but I can watch the uploads so it's not a big loss to me.

I haven't seen a schedule yet for Decades.

I wish these networks would start adding soaps, even the primetime ones ... I'd love an over the air all soap network. Someone needs to make that one happen, lol

Archived