• Members

Yeah, it was not as in-depth an interview as the Fenn one, though obviously Sherilyn Fenn is a loopy force of nature who never stops gabbing. The crowdfunding thing is embarrassing to discuss, if sweet, and not going to happen. If this happens it'll happen internally - according to Fenn, who spoke to Lynch a day or so ago, he and the network are talking and he endorses the cast's efforts, so we'll see. I wish they'd talked to him about some of the actual questions posed; I know some of the FB commenters asked about stuff like the Audrey/Ben subplot Bobby got snared into, which neither he nor Fenn apparently liked. I actually loved their chemistry and Bobby in that world, but I was glad it ended where it did.

Edited by Vee

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interview with James Marshall, who is a significantly smarter guy than James Hurley. He talks a lot about some of James' most memorable moments (yes, there were some), the cut storyline with his mother, the dreadful Evelyn storyline, FWWM and so on. I have a lot of time for James and Donna in Season 1, where they really are sort of the pure counterpoint to the darkness, a la Laura Dern and Kyle MacLachlan's romance in Blue Velvet. Also, Marshall looks amazing these days.

• Members

Still not sure what this is about, or just why he was so unpopular.

Oh, come on! You have nice things to say about some of the absolutely worst dreck of season 2 but the Evelyn story is 'dreadful'? LMAO! :lol:

I'm gonna need to see some receipts on that because Googling hasn't revealed any such thing.

• Members

I like the hair. I just think he's much more attractive as an older man.

I wish you the best of luck finding boosters for the Evelyn Marsh storyline. According to Annette McCarthy (Evelyn) she and Marshall were literally drunk on-camera during portions of it (there is a champagne scene).

Edited by Vee

• Members

No wonder he's become so unbelievably thin. I don't think he looks bad at all, I just was trying to figure out where the 'amazing' part came in. :P

Well, I really don't need luck because I did think it was a pretty bad story, as well (which I, inexplicably, still have some affection for, for some reason). I'm just saying, I found it funny that you find nice things to say about some other stuff but the Evelyn story is where you drew the line!

Where they really drunk? That sort of makes me like it more! (and could explain some things).

• Members

The Evelyn story is where most people draw the line, I've found. As far as it goes, I'm with Harley Peyton and Bob Engels - I think it was a good idea on paper, a classic film noir setup (it's almost exactly the plot of Otto Preminger's legendary Angel Face, with Robert Mitchum and Jean Simmons) but they had the wrong actress and the wrong lead actor (Marshall), and the wrong setting (outside town).

• Members

I loved Robyn Lively enough that I tolerated it. That whole subplot certainly played a lot less well this last time I watched, but she was fun. I also was a lot more tolerant of Heather Graham's almost non-acting as Annie, and the thing with Cooper - I thought they just pulled that off for the most part, largely through the writing and her charisma, which has covered for Graham's abilities as an actress many times throughout her career. But I also don't think it was anything but an ultimately doomed whirlwind romance which would not last. I know Lynch seemed to really like her when he came back in for the back end.

There is a typically well-done ABC TP promo floating around online for one of those very episodes with Lana's silly storyline. It was kind of a pity to see them expending the energy on it. I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I could swear Carl posted this one, but in case he hasn't:

Oh, and yeah, that's Susan Lucci and Finola Hughes in the TV movie promo. Wow, I wish I could've seen them together.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I forgot to say thanks for posting those ads a page or two back. I'd seen the photo of Kyle and Madchen doing the thumbs up for the camera, with Dana scowling in the background, but had never known it was from a Gulf War ad.