• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't get to see it (and Vee mentioned it in the status bar), but apparently Kyle Mac was on James Corden last night, along with Betty White.

I wonder if they mentioned TP.

I know it would be stunt casting, but I can't help wishing they'd book Betty for a role. I think she'd be great - even one scene.

• Members

I saw it. They opened on TP and James Corden was very big on it. Kyle couldn't say much, obviously, but said he had only been told so much, and that they were expecting to shoot in the fall as previously reported. He also had a great opening gag in the teaser where they open his dressing room door and he's got a "damn fine" cup of coffee. I assume either this week or next he'll do what he told a journalist he'd be doing this month, sitting down with all of the scripts. He was also on to promote his voice work in the new Pixar movie, Inside Out.

Kyle talked more about his long relationship with David Lynch, starting on Dune right out of drama school. It was actually a great conversation, worth watching if it's on CBS's site, and he had a great routine with Betty White, who of course flirted heavily.

Betty also mentioned something I forgot, that her first real TV job was something that sounds like an impossible gauntlet today - hosting five and a half hours of live ad-libbed talk and commentary for a local LA show, Hollywood on Television. It sounds like hell on Earth.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Sherilyn Fenn seems perturbed, as she and the rest of the female cast allegedly have yet to receive 'official' offers from Showtime.

I have every reason to believe they will be back as they've almost all been specifically asked to come back by Lynch, so I'm hoping that this is just the production taking care of business slowly and methodically after the delay.

• Members

Mark Frost is now apparently claiming they are a) shooting in September but B) airing in 2017.

This may have to do with the extended episode order and demands thereof, or it may be a simple typo or Frost misspeaking. Either way, if it is an accurate quote (or if Frost didn't fumble his dates), it would have an amusing precedent: The original TP took place in 1989 (when the pilot was filmed), but aired on ABC in 1990-91.

Edited by Vee