General Hospital SEPTEMBER 2014 Discussion

• Members

LMAO!

In the end, though, TPTB will read those responses and believe themselves to be on the right track. Because, in their minds, the more violent the fans' reactions, the more "successful" a character or a storyline is with the audience. It'd be better for those who loathe Nina to say nothing. Because nothing gets their goat more than pure apathy.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Moreover, it's sort of like what Kay Alden said in that Academy of Television interview from several years back on the issue of stories and characters to which the audience's immediate reaction is either lukewarm or negative. (Thank you to whoever linked that interview, by the way.) I can't recall her words exactly. Essentially, though, she said writers can't just throw out a character or story because the audience hates it. You might not like it now, she says (more or less) but wait, because it will turn -- meaning, of course, if you stick with it, it will get better. (...Or not. But you can't let your gut reaction to the start of the story dictate how you will feel about the rest of it before you've seen it, is what she's saying.)

Truthfully, TPTB just won't take our word when something is bad and clearly not going to get any better. They assume we are too inarticulate or out of touch with our sensibilities to know what it is we expect from a soap opera and how we expect it. And really, if these stans knew what the suits REALLY thought of them, I think, I don't believe they would be as quick to judge the rest of the audience as haters who could never be pleased with anything these shows do.

• Members

That does not apply here. FrankenRon thought they brought in someone who would bring a huge audience with her. That didn't happen, but because she is a creation, Nina will be shoved down the audience's throat. I'm just waiting until we find out she's Carly's sister. They will try everything in the book to make this failure work. It won't but that won't stop FrankenRon from featuring her 4 days a week. There's no story or long term plans for character development - only meet the eppy guarantee and make sure something they created stays onscreen. She has not been rotated off for 3 weeks yet!

• Members

It isn't just with ABC, though. DAYS, for example, is hurting right now, because some report has convinced NBC and SONY that fans cannot get enough of Clyde the Orangutan Shawn Christian, who portrays Dr. Daniel Jonas. Ergo, if it ain't about Daniel in some way, then it ain't happenin' on DAYS.

Nina [!@#$%^&*] Cassadine. Two of my least favorite things about this show, tied together by DNA.

I think it's time for GH to die.

• Members

You mean you don't like Dr. O yelling at Anna for taking her loved ones away from this cartoonish criminal.

Daffy Duck taking up air time with oh I know but cant say lines over and over with his daffy duck lines

Everyone now at the hospital Robin is at....Victor holding everyone prisoner....yet Nathan gets punched by one of Victor's henchman because he made him look like a fool in front of his boss...bad acting by the extra btw...but whats new

Victor still trying to decide if Nathan is his son

Yes it is a grand show.....LOL

I cant believe this s hit Ron writes is still on the air....GH should be put of its misery

Archived