YR Casting!!!!! Adam!

• Members

I'll be honest: I am looking at Hartley's pictures and in my mind's eye, I see him looking good onscreen with (brace yourself) Christel Kahlil. Not that I'm advocating a "Ladam" tryout -- because, God, hasn't CK tortured us enough??? -- but there is something about how the two might look together that I find intriguing.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, please, no. Recast her if you're gonna do that. I think you'd need the Jaws of Life to remove Daniel Goddard from the show at this point, too.

I wouldn't mind him giving Leslie some action, but I know JFP/Sony have already grown tired of poor Angel Conwell. After all, they hired another black chick and everything.

• Members
Oh, Hilary! That could work, too! Of course, now that I've said as much, I have incited the fury of all those Hevon fans out there. ;)

My point, though, is Y&R should take this opportunity to spin Adam into a completely different direction, mix him with the rest of the cast and see what happens. Don't bring him back with a new (and hopefully different) actor just to play out the [!@#$%^&*] that was already tired when Muhney was shown the door.

• Members

The acting on soaps does not tend to be utter crap. That comment is utterly ridiculous. I'm with those of you who hate it that supposed fans of soaps spit on the genre this way and call it a step backwards. Do us all a favor and quit watching completely.

Eddie Cibrian had it right when he said don't go back? You mean because Eddie has done so much Oscar-caliber work? LMAO.

And another Screw You to anyone criticizing Sharon Case's age/looks compared to Justin Hartley. Case looks incredible, and it's pathetic for anyone to claim she can't be paired with Hartley.

• Members

they will bring JH on and go through the motions of 'rekindling' his past SL's, but in the end he will go w/ Gina/Phyllis, depending on how badly TPTB want to make her happen.

i mean they are ALREADY tying her to Victor, using her as a replacement for the father/daughter relationship Sharon had with Victor.

if Y&R even attempts JH-Adam w/ Sharon she will look like she's screwing the gardener/pool boy. And this is not a strike against SC's age or looks, but REALITY. JH looks like a college-age frat guy.

have you seen him on Mistresses? the woman he's paired with look older than him, and I think they were supposed to be w/i the same age group. LOL

• Members

Hartley is a great 37. Case is a great 43. It's LAUGHABLE to think seeing them together would be a problem to anyone except the age-obsessed. I saw Justin Hartley's arc on Revenge, and he DIDN'T look like a college-age frat guy.

With all the relationships on daytime with one part of the couple much older than the other, a 6-year age difference is what sets you off? Jesus Christ.

On Y&R alone, Jack is with Kelly (17 yr. difference). Victor is with Nikki (15 yr. difference). Neil is with Hillary (20 yr. difference). Cane is with Lily (16 yr. difference).

That's REALITY.

• Members

Like it or not, he does look closer to late 20's very early 30's on screen. Sharon Case is still very beautiful, but she does look closer to her actual age. That's not a slam against her! He has always looked younger than he is, he has a boyish face. I don't think there is anything wrong with pairing an older woman with a younger man. But MM looked much older, and seemed older than Sharon. This recast possibly changes their dynamic.

I'm still at a loss. Billy looks older than Nick. Phyllis looks younger than Sharon. And Adam looks younger than all of them.

• Members

I've always liked him since his Passions days. Never been a Adam fan so this should be interesting.

RE: The talk of who he will be paired with. I'm sure they will test him around. I haven't seen much talk of a Shadam redux. Story be damned...SC/MM had hot chemistry. (unsure.pngblink.png Personally, I never saw it but that's what I read constantly. ph34r.png ) I have seen quite a few people excited about Chadam 2.0. I can see them definitely going for Adam/Phyllis.

• Members

I think they would look amazing together. I like Hevon too, but I can see Adam making a play for her at some point.

The notion that the woman has to look younger than the man or she looks like his mommy or a cougar is really hard grained in soap opera circles it seems. I find it odd and sexist. Anyway, I'll wait until JH is onscreen to see which actresses he meshes with. I think they could take this in a lot of different directions. In fact, I hope they pass him around a bit.

Archived