YR Casting!!!!! Adam!

• Members
They exploit him about as much as anyone else. No one walks around with their shirt off daily. Not even Nick, their #1 stud.

I doubt they flip this. Almost all fan interest has been for Devon and Hilary. That would be dumber than them pairing Hilary with Neil in the first place.

Devon has been pursuing hilary , with a Cork in it, for the past 2 months. And...what else is new? People who want him to be a villain will call him that regardless.

Momentum? If we are lucky, all SLs come to an end. What do you expect? This to go on indefinitely. Its not that kind of SL. I am pretty sure Bryton has succeeded in his opportunity. The SL is popular and so is his pairing. What more does one want/expect?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I an trying to figure out how this topic turned from Adam recast to this. Oh that's right, someone had to bring up Bryton, of all people in age inappropriate pairings on the show, to say how he doesn't look old enough to be paired with 20 something characters. Lol

• Members

Let's put it this way: "mature," in this case, is being able to share an intimate moment on-screen with your love interest (whether it's a mere conversation, or something...deeper than that) without it looking as if you are "playing House" in your backyard shed with the daughter of the pastor from your parents' church while your mother and father are serving him iced tea and entertaining him indoors.

That's right, they do. But Devon isn't a teenager, and neither is Bryton. (That is, unless I am mistaken, which is totally possible, lol.). Bryton is not a teenager, and even though he is in his mid-twenties IRL, he looks less than that on-screen -- and therein lies the dilemma, IMO.

• Members

You know what? At the end of the day, I truly can't knock it either. It's something. It's cliched and forced, but it's something; and the fact that Jean Passanante tends to do "cliched" and "forced" even for Caucasians means that, for once, the AA's (which is to say, the AA's that TPTB believe will grab the audience's attention the most) are getting equal treatment. It's been a long time since you could say that about Y&R's AA cast contingent.

• Members

Its so stupid of all the soaps. You have huge untapped audience. Bring in good AA actors and put them into the fabric of your show.

As far as I could tell, in the much less progressive 90's, everyone liked Drucilla! My racist grandmother loved her! And Neil.

Archived