YR Casting!!!!! Adam!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

he played a superhero on a teen-geared drama and eye-candy on a couple of prime-time soaps (Revenge and Mistresses). This is right in his wheelhouse. I'm sure he's come to grips with the fact that his stardom is all but gone, and he best get a paycheck while someone is interested.

he ain't getting any younger. I mean he's already a divorcee.

• Members

hmm, I wonder if there is more to Shemar Moore's guest appearance? Perhaps, his character on Criminal Minds is being written off or something and he's lining up his net job?

Victor is getting OLD, and Adam is his replacement w/o TPTB having to do too much mental gymnastics to make it work. Nick in this scenario is young Jack, while Sharon is young Nikki, etc.

• Members

It's reality. The acting on soaps tends to be utter crap, and I don't watch soaps for good acting. The writing is usually even worse. Here is this actor who wanted to star a couple of years ago in his own primetime series playing a superhero (Aquaman). Sci fi nonsense maybe, but Stephen Amell is enjoying a good run as Arrow. Eddie Cibrian has it right: don't go back.

• Members

17 years ago. In all the time since he hasn't buckled or caved for the paycheck and has stuck it out trying to get gigs. Ingo Rademacher left daytime for some Aaron Spelling soap. It went off the air on a monday and by wednesday he was scrambling back to daytime. His career outside of daytime effectively over for all intents and purposes.

• Members

Right. I never it this going backwards by retyrning to daytime. Your an actor. Yu wanna work and get paid right? Then act.

Doing a soap is great work. What the !@#$%^&*] with all this hating on wanting to work as an actor

• Members

Acting on a soap is a detriment to getting acting jobs after the soap. Lets look at the entire casts of ATWT, GL, AMC, and OLTL and see how they are doing. Soap acting is fine for today but it usually ensures there is no tomorrow for these actors. The best thing to ever happen to Finn Wittrock was AMC firing him.

• Members

How is it hating to pointing out he's taking a step backwards?

As for Eddie Cibrian he's barely getting roles now but even though he's barely getting roles now I don't see him hopping back on a soap opera either. Especially not the lowest rated one. His life is a soap opera. If he was desperate to work he'd spend a lot less time focusing on the tabloids and a lot more time auditioning.

• Members

Actors from canned soaps are working. Maybe not network TV or big flms. Lots of doing theater, Indie films and web series. They are still acting. Its the "fans" and their snobby attitude about what is called good acting projects that is the problem here. SMH

As an actor you act. Im sure a lot of actors are just happy to do what they love and that is to act

Archived