YR: Honeymoon for Three

• Members

I'm sorry but if Nikki intruded my honeymoon, I'd be pissed too. I'd probably shove her ass off a nearby cliff. But I find this whole story to be stupid. Seriously. Cricket should not be threatened by that old washed up, Swamp Monster. Bug ought to tell Grandma pole rider to hit the bricks or head back to bayou.

And for Paul to consider "what could it have been...." Umm... bew-bew.... It wasn't too long ago that she left your ass at the altar for Victor. Get a grip. :rolleyes:

SN: Khan, I've missed you! happy.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. Thank you.

I guess this all was bound to happen, given how much ret-conning they committed in order to make Dylan an intrinsic part of the show's history. As well, I guess Nikki needed a new second great love for those times when she and Victor are on the outs, since it was clear from last time that she and Jack were pretty much "done" as a duo and that no one else on the canvas even comes close -- either age wise or on any other level -- toward giving TGVN a run for his proverbial money. (Man, the more the years go by, the more foolish it looks for this show not to have even Brad [!@#$%^&*] Carlton to kick around anymore.) Still, unless I read the history wrong, Paul and Nikki's initial history consisted of little more than a bad booty call that culminated in one or the other (forget which) contracting a STD. So, tell me again how we are supposed to think Paul and Nikki were and are this potentially fascinating couple with untapped potential, because I am not seeing it.

• Members

Glad other feel the same way! This is what unnerves me about Paul regaining feeling for Nikki over a 40+ year old child. It's stupid. Doesn't make sense. And I am glad that old-school fans that remember history are able to call the writers out on their sh*t, and point out that Nikki/Paul relations were nothing more than a booty call. Plus, Paul pursuing this would be so pointless as you'd think he would've learned from being jilted last time.

• Members

I do not think the writers have thought beyond the "shock" of Paul or Nikki or both discovering a long-lost child. Something like that might get people buzzing, sure, but does it make any sense given either the timeline or the parents' basic natures? And where do you go from the initial revelation? Beyond creating Drama No. 11,800 for Nikki and Victor, what is the point? Frankly, I think they were better off leaving Dylan's origins alone, b/c, heck, it wasn't as if Steve Burton's future on the show was ever in danger (amirite, JFP?).

• Members

In a way, though, it was inevitable that Stitch would be revealed as a killer. Stitch and Kelly kept referring CONSTANTLY to his having done Something Bad. You can't keep making all those veiled, ominous references only for it to be revealed down the road as referring to money laundering or tax evasion. That is why I suggested several months ago that the show needed to drop the whole matter -- pointed conversations and everything -- and move on. The setup for the reveal guaranteed it to be underwhelming in the end, IMO. Besides, between Kelly getting involved with Jack, and Stitch becoming involved with Victoria and Billy, there just was no need to go back and talk about The Secret.

• Members

Nikki & Paul weren't just a booty call.

They weren't "soulmates" like Victor & Nikki but they were very close for a long time. It wasn't until Victor & Nikki's first marriage & Paul's career as a cop that the two began to really grow apart. However with their reconnection as best friends, their recent engagement & a long lost child (however boring) it's not out of the question that they could succumb to old feelings.

• Members

it needed to be worse, honestly. Half the cast has killed, or been linked to a murder/death in some form or another, so it's stale and dumb at this point to hold Stitch @ arm's length in judgment, esp. considering it was his own father and HE PAYED FOR HIS CRIME, unlike most in the cast.

it honestly needed to be worse, like he was involved in a gang rape in high school/college, or something, and gotten off.

they should have just ripped off Todd/Marty's SL from OLTL, tbh. That would have been jarring, imo.

Archived