GH's Enormous Cast - What Would You Do?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's insane.

I like big casts, I don't mind them having large reserves of recurring players that they use off and on and I do understand the budget issues, but don't have this many people if you cannot manage them effectively.

• Members

For starters I would cut some dead weight.

Lose Sabrina, Felix, Rafe,Jillian. Levi.Morgan

Kill off Jillian while he is saving someone...die nobly but dead for real dead

Kick Silas and Nina's story into full gear. After she kills Kiki, she truly loses it, taking out Silas by accident. Then she goes to jail.

Put together Sam-Patrick-Liz-Nik-Britt

Give Dante- Lulu a non baby story.

Reduce the airtime of Cam-Emma-Spencer-Josslyn to once a month, the way they treat the vets.

Ned-Alexis her only pairing that ever worked beside Jax

Ava needs a rest, not a long rest, but a month or so. Make Olivia-Sonny-Carly-Franco story not about mob, then lose Franco. Bring back Jax for Carly.

Leave Sean and Jordan right where they are.

Give Tracy-Michael-Monica an ELQ story that matters.

Leave AG in Amsterdam[finish his story off and send him after Laura}

Mac and Felicia should be in Maxie's story. Maxie- Nate-Lucas-Brad story.

Kevin-Lucy-Scotty-Bobbie living in Brownstone.

Just a few thoughts.....................................

• Members

I'd drop an atomic bomb on Port Charles with these characters only surviving:

Anna

Jordan

Shawn

Tracy

Liz

Sam

Ned

T.J.

Lulu

Dante

Ava (Because I love MW)

Monia

Molly

Epiphany

Patrick

Robin

Ric

Lucy

Kevin

Felicia

Scotty

Bobby

Lesley

Some of the kids (Emma, Joss, Cameron)

Everyone else would just die instantly. laugh.png

• Members

Large casts are not by definition a problem. Game Of Thrones has a larger cast and juggles them all in just ten hours a year. The problem is the writer and how he paces the characters. If Scotty and Lucy could get just five minutes a week for whatever it is they do (and that is actually multiple segments in one episode) then their story would move at the pace it would move. Same for Felicia and her mayoral campaign. The show doesn't need to show Franco painting crap in a park or whatever it is they constantly show Franco not doing. The idea that the cast is too large though I find wrong. Too large for what?

• Members
This.

It's all about how he uses the cast. And he uses them very poorly.

But Nina can be on every other day? Ava, Sonny, Michael, Morgan, Kiki, Nina, Silas, Sam are all on for days and days and days .... how about giving even just ONE episode to some other people?

And yes, Franco painting in the park ... lord. Clearly it was to fill his episode guarantee. Franco's one of the show's biggest problems and biggest waste of airtime. There's not much entertaining about him and he's on and really does nothing but run his mouth for an hour as Carly looks exasperated. Or he acts like a jealous teenager. It's tiresome.

• Members

Kman,

This is what they do with all of their new shiny toys. Pollute the show with them nonstop until the next one comes along. Remember FrankenTodd was everywhere every day? Then Kaka, then McBain? Remember days and day and days of Ava? Remember Jillian in his man panties eppy after eppy after eppy? Nathan and Nina are the new shiny things and we are seeing them nonstop! If Mr. Giggles Miller comes aboard???

• Members

I don't know how anyone can say a cast this large isn't a problem.

Some of you mention the guarantees that some actors have in their contracts as an obstacle. True, but they don't just go away because you think they shouldn't be there. Game of Thrones? It's a once-a-week drama that has zero in common with GH. I don't see how ANY writer could make a cast this large work.

ChitHappens is so right about the "shiny new toys."

Archived