General Hospital July 2014 Discussion

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's a complicated thing, because FV and RC did bring buzz back to GH and to soaps when they started, a lot of buzz. And they can be very good at generating that, just like they can be very good at a number of things. But in the last year-plus the show has almost completely collapsed creatively, and all of Ron's worse excesses have just gone beyond the pale. He spends all his time fighting on social media about the ridiculous leaps and jumps in his storytelling that now completely sidestep a lot of the character development, and focusing on shout-outs to pop culture or online boards or other [!@#$%^&*] that amuses the writers. He didn't always write stories like this, but now it's all he knows how to do - leave half of it offscreen and then blame everyone else for complaining, because what does it matter when we've got all these new big stars? I think part of that comes from the way Frank produces the show and what he sometimes prioritizes as well, but Ron's writing has taken it to a new extreme.

• Members

This whole off screen storytelling is BS! If they're gonna tell a story, tell it. A few dropped lines to describe two months of story is no way to to write a continuing drama. Reeeeeeeeeediculous! All his excuses SUCK! Tell stories on screen...that's your job!

• Members

This doesn't even make sense. I can name several scenes/characters that can take a seat for a minute. Alice got a lot of air during this time couldn't one of her scenes be cut out? Maxi was on the phone during this time in some unnecessary conversation. And Nina Nina and mo Nina sitting in her chair being somewhat repetitive.

As much as I want to see Bobbie I could have taken a pass it was embarrassing to me; I actually felt bad for these actresses ...there are so many other places Bobbie (and Lucy it seems) could have been but I get this campy catfight two vets damn near 60? I waited a long time to see Scotty/Lucy/Kevin tri now its Scotty/Lucy/Bobbie and it happened off screen? WTH?

Marceline: Well said. Ron is/has been writing crap but hey, the show is still on the air so stop complaining...better than nothing. What Carlintini has done to this show is heartbreaking. I don't watch much anymore; I can't follow this writing style.

• Members

Everyone's pretty much said my thoughts on the matter. GH is a total trainwreck. They can spend days and days on Nina yet can't slow Lucy? LOL. I appreciate Ron getting called out, and it seems to be a lot more often now. He won't learn though. Instead of actually listening, he has excuses and acts all pissed and hurt he was questioned.

Lucy and Bobbie were just pathetic. I wish I hadn't asked where they were because they can go back there now. I bet you they completely forgot Lucy was related to Rafe. I know I did. I agree she should have been there but honestly I don't care about the outrage on that. There's a lot more on this show to be calling that man out on. I also have a feeling Frank is as much of a guilty party in all of this as Ron is. I think they need to overhaul how they tape and stop clearly filming everything in blocks which means there's no cross-over.

And watching Nik/Britt and a runaway Spencer for days on end .... kill me now. Britt looks PATHETIC.

• Members

Brought back? Can you elaborate on this, please? In regards to the character and any story she might fit into [i can think of at least 7], what has being brought back to GH done for Zeman, Bobbie or GH? I can't imagine JZ will be getting back the house she lost and she works once every 6/7 weeks. So again, for what exactly are we giving FrankenRon credit?

• Members

Exactly. I won't give him credit for that. I used to WANT to, but not anymore. I was actually embarassed for her and Lynn. Ron seems to pride himself on writing adults as teenagers in these ridiculous triangles that go nowhere and mean nothing. Oh wait, that sounds like the entire show.

• Members
I believe Jackie is just fine financially. She has a smaller house but she has a good life she still travels much. The vets could be used better but iam grateful they are back. Most recurring vets will have about 30 episodes at the end of the year. I' m fine with it.

But all that does not mean I don't understand what Chit and some other are saying. It is frustrating to watch a soap that is so close to your heart for decades that could easily be so much better.

Archived