GH: Ron Carlivati Interview

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's only soap to go up year to year and last week it was number 1 in the demos. It's kicking ass and taking names no matter what way u spin it.

Last week when it hit number 1 btw it was only down 3000 but up a whopping 122000 from year prior that's excellent.

• Members

That was a pathetic interview. I would have asked why we haven't seen Lucy, Scott and Kevin in weeks if not months, why Felciia is only on once every six weeks if she is running for mayor, Why has Nina been on almost every day these last two weeks, why did they write a scene about Carly and Sonny being outraged that Connie's killer shouldn't get away with murder while these two just got away with AJ's murder? Was it really important to give Lulu back to back baby stories and why are we going on two solid years where all she talks about is a baby?

Those questions don't even address the fundamental non-storyline problems with the show like the decision to have RH play Franco and RH playing Franco just like Todd Manning, and deciding to base the show's main story around Luke when they knew TG was going to disappear for months.

I am very appreciative Guza is gone and I like the willingness to feature other characters, but turning the show first into a showcase for Kiki, Franco and Connie, and then turn around and make it the Nina hour is not the way to go. These last two weeks have been incredibly boring and I see no end to that until Luke returns and we can get back to the story.

• Members

I see this all the time on this forum and by many people, that GH's ratings are not actually up and if they are up it is because on non-show events. I think all that does is undercut your own argument and make it seem like you will say anything. All the shows exist in a climate of four soaps, and GH's ratings are the most dramatically improved. And lest we forget, the soaps don't exist in a vacuum where they only compete against each other. At 2PM CBS and cable are running shows that compete against DOOL and GH too. GH has seen their ratings rise, while DOOL not so much. Sometimes you have to give the devil his due.

• Members

I would say despite all those things the show is still much better than it was when Frons, Guza and Phelps reigned and it starred Sonny, Carly and Jason. The show deserves the rise in ratings because while it has been crappy lately there was a long stretch when it was really good with Robin. People watched and I guess invested.

• Members

You mean dumping folks in scenes to give the illusion that the show is balanced when in reality, it's been all Nina/Silazzzz and before that, it was all Ava, prior to that, it was all Kaka, and prior to that, it was all FrankenTodd. You see where I'm going with this?

• Members

Exactly thanks for this. GH has tons of competiton like the world cup and other things. Heck even if u don't like the show at least announce its great ratings. I hated transformers horrible movie to me it grossed 300 million worldwide in one weekend that's amazing numbers I can say.

• Members

It's still better than when Steve Burton was on every day staring at the screen. I think that is the thing people who liked the Guza years will never get: as bad as it is now, it is still better than the crap Guza wrote. And I get that people on this forum liked the years 2002-2012 and that is where so much of the criticism stems from, but it seems the audience agrees with me that those were the bad times.

• Members

I only liked Guza when he was with Wendy Riche. His 1996 was brilliance and so was 1998. No matter how much they hated each other riche for Guza to do good work. I think Guza can have brilliant moments in his writing but him with JFP was toxic the show was mob central and nothing else. It won Emmys because JFP does those big spectacles. Guza and Phelps toxic but in a weird way I loved him with Wendy.

• Members

I'm sorry, how can that not be the logical conclusion? The criticisms being lobbed at RC on this forum don't stand up to much scrutiny because the things he is being criticized for are still just a pale imitation of what Guza did. His showcasing Franco for a year should not make any sort of impression when you consider Jason and Sonny were shown everyday for ten years. So therefore it isn't that Franco is being shown that is the problem...it is that Jason and Sonny are not. Complaining about a writer having favorites for a year post-Guza is like Noah complaining it is drizzling on the 41st day.

Archived