B&B - June 2014 Discussion Thread

• Members

The characters on this show are beyond ridiculous! REEEEEEdiculous!

Blaming Quinn because this grown ass man left his pathetic fiance to go stop a wedding that is none of his damn business - ALL with Fred Sanford's approval? That fatal one can't come quick enough for me! What a loser !

If Ridge was at home with the woman he supposedly loved, none of this would have happened. Besides, we are supposed to believe virginal Brooke will be devastated that Quill got busy when she (Brooke) was chasing Ridge? Yeah, you need great outdoor shots to mask this garbage palatable. How is this even a story?!

What a horrible show!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well in all honesty Brooke didn't seem to care that much about the picture.

And I find it very realistic that people would blame Quinn before they'd blame Ridge, who's the one responsible for his actions. It happens in life everyday.

The plotholes that I find jarring are the ones concerning the helicopter. Why did Ridge jump on board? Why won't Brooke ask any questions about the pilot? How could Bill foresee that he needed a helicopter in the first place? Maybe we'll have our answers in the future episodes. Anyway, I'm willing to suspend my disbelief because I'm loving the show. Soapish entertainment :D

• Members

So I was right: Bill is genuinely stunned that Ridge could have possibly died after being thrown off a helicopter. Wow. At least they're showing him feeling some guilt.

I completely agree with all of this. Brooke didn't treat the picture with much more than mild shock. And Quinn would at the very least be blamed for starting the chain of events that led to Ridge's fall (although it will eventually come out that Bill orchestrated this etc).

As for the helicopter stuff, he thought this was the helicopter he had arranged for and I don't think Brooke is even aware the pilot (Justin) left quickly after she was returned to land. And with Ridge possibly dead, I don't know if this should be crossing her mind right now. As for Bill, are we meant to suppose he somehow figured out what Ridge was up to and called Justin, who then got there in time? That's a bit too much but, like you said, there's something very distinctively soapy and fun about the whole thing, so I'm about that life.

• Members

This show tickles me, the amount of flashbacks this 30 min. soap manages to work in. Not complaining (today) as it'll be a while before that helicopter sequence gets old. Hope saying, "He fell into the Persian Gulf" sounded so ridiculous, I couldn't help but laugh.

Can we take a moment to acknowledge Rick's wardrobe and hair...

• Members

jujqFR9.jpg?1

I know someone on here mentioned that Rick is the worst dressed on the show and Id have to agree now. Ive noticed him wearing some ugly as shirts and ties in recent weeks and yesterday's number was among the worst.

BTW, LG is finally starting to look pregnant

• Members

I didn't even think of this before but WTF, did Justin fly away with Ridge and Bill's bride? Seriously I guess B&B was going for the shock value but it makes NO sense. Why the heck would Justin help ruin Bill's wedding bc that's what he did when he flew Brooke out of there

• Members

The characters are no more ridiculous on B&B than any of the other currently airing soaps. The Forresters have always blamed others for their problems. Quinn is just another in a long line. It's consistent with who Ridge and the rest are. As for Ridge staying home with Katie while Brooke married Bill, a man Ridge detests, especially after seeing the selfie of Bill and Quinn in bed is definitely consistent with Ridge's character's history. Like it or not, Ridge will always be connected to Brooke because of their son and because of their long histories as on again, off again lovers. In matters of the heart, a person doesn't always think rationally and logistically, they just act and react. In this case Ridge was probably looking for any reason to keep Brooke from marrying Bill and Quinn gave him one. I think the location shoot only enhanced the story. I appreciate that B&B tries to do something different in getting outside the studio and doing remotes. Makes it more fun for the viewers IMHO.

• Members

I watched 7 episodes in a row last night and am now nearly up-to-date: The UAE remote has been very good considering the very limited cast they had over there. I liked it a lot better than Puglia, Cabo or Aspen...

The episodes had only one story but it didn't felt like it until my 6th episode or so. Rena Sofer is OUTSTANDING as Quinn and she and Wyatt (who I couldn't care less about) have a great mother-son-dynamic like Ridge/Stephanie had in the early days of the show. Quinn sending Ridge the bedroom selfie was absolutely stupid in true B&B fashion. It took her three episodes to come up with this so that it wouldn't - and I quote - "reflect" on her. LOL We'll see whether this will backfire in the end 'cause her master plan was - I repeat - plain stupid. But I loved it.

Kinda shocking to see Eric on the show these days for more than one episode in a month, but I'm ok with it. The only good thing about the character these days is McCook's great chemistry with Thorsten Kaye. Otherwise he is free to join Donna in permament backburner hell.

Bill ordering Justin to "cool Ridge off" - priceless.

I cannot wait to catch up further tonight... :-)

• Administrator

The Dubai location shoot has been outstanding. B&B should definitely win the Directors Guild and Emmy for these episodes. Ridge falling out of the helicopter and falling in to the water is such an 80's/90's thing and I'm glad to see one soap that can still do these type of location shoots and stunts.

• Members

I agree they did extremely well with what they had to work with it pulled me all the way into this story, now this is a location shoot !!

can't wait for the So of France one now its my most favorite place in the world after Carmel by the Sea.. Yeah Ridge falling was corny but honestly I didn't expect it so it took me by surprise.

I agree with soaps "trying" to do something even if every time it doesn't pan out...that' ok to know that they tried at least makes me appreciate the story the effort they put into it.

Archived