I have a comment on the UCSB shooting

Eric83

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But it's still sad, unhealthy and frankly, delusional. It's another example of someone thinking that "if only I got x my life would be great." That's exactly the kind of thinking that led this lunatic to behave the way he did. Also, mean as it may be to say, that woman's loneliness probably has a lot more to do with her evident self-esteem issues than she would want to admit. Just like this shooter. He didn't go crazy because women wouldn't pay attention to him. Women wouldn't pay attention to him because he was crazy.

• Members

I just realized that this shooting really didn't affect me at all. Usually I get upset and google more about it, but this time I just saw the headline and looked away. It's not that I don't care, I'm just so used to it.

A few weeks ago, my school went on lockdown because a few teachers heard two loud bangs that sounded like gunshots. It turns out it was just a building exploding, but everyone was terrified because they just assumed it was shooter.

This is off topic, but I just find it so ridiculous how Americans are so used to shootings it's common now. The Democrats talk but they really aren't doing [!@#$%^&*]. The mental health laws continue to be [!@#$%^&*]. Idk what is wrong with this country, but this needs to stop.

People blaming women are so stupid. But girls are raised by society and the school system to not wear bikinis, short shorts, and tank tops. Yet, if a boy wears a tank top to school and is shirtless on a school field trip, nobody cares. Why don't we raise boys to be horny animals instead of raising women to be scared of them.

Imagine if you were the one flirting with him. Your ass would be out ASAP and you'd be labeled as a whore. But boys will be boys, right?

• Members

I didn't say one damn thing about touching. I was talking about men looking, whistling, or complimenting women on their looks. One never touches without permission, nothing wrong with lookin, nothing wrong with paying a compliment, and if someone whistles, so what? Big deal? Be glad you ain't so damn ugly that nobody gives you the time of day. And yes, a college education is a waste of time for people in certain fields. Mine being one of them. Your mileage my vary. this coming from you all who drool over soap stars all the damn time, right here on this board. So it's ok if you whistle at somebody through a computer screen?

Archived