I have a comment on the UCSB shooting

Eric83

• Members

I really dont want to talk about the monster that committed these crimes. He was a pompous, deranged, psycho, racist loser but I have to say this.

What I want to discuss is also the comments blaming women. Saying things like "Oh women should have gave him a chance" or "This is a lesson to be nice" Women turning down a man is an offense punishable by death? Seriously this underlying mantra that women are only here as sexual toys for men is disturbing. Though advances have been made the idea still remains that a women who turns down a man deserves whatever she gets whether it be rape or murder. It is so disturbing and sixk to me that in some people's eyes it is not this man's fault.

And there was some self loathing going on. Being the product of a white male and Asian female union he probably always had resentment about not looking like his white father and being able to attract the "unattainable blonde white woman".

From his manifesto he discusses how he cries because an "ugly black kid" that "descended from slaves" had sex with a blonde white girl.

9HPOjCx.jpg

America really needs to study itself to find out why it creates so many spree killers.

RIP to the victims.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm sorry, but I'm so disgusted with the people basically blaming women and saying its women's fault because they should have just sucked it up and gone out at least once with this creep. I'm not really shocked though. It happens everyday to probably every woman. Just from my experience, where I work, there's an almost 50 year old man who comes to do business with my office sometimes. I'm 27 and he knows I have a boyfriend yet he hits on me, make sexually suggestive comments about how "pretty I am", and asks me out every single time he comes round. Every. Time. When I've complained, I've been told to "just ignore him" (almost impossible), "go out with him so he'll leave me alone" (he should have taken no the first time and left me alone), or "I'm overreacting". He was at a meeting we had today and him and I were alone in the room beforehand for maybe under a minute and it was possibly one of the lost uncomfortable moments of my life. Just ugh.

This is sadly just one example because usually not a day goes by that I'm not whistled at, stared at, or hit on.

• Members

Being from Santa Barbara, this shooting hit very close to home for me.

I hadn't read any of those comments, but those comments are from the people that help create dangerous mindsets that go on shooting rampages. He was caught up in the men's rights nonsense and that is what helped turned his loneliness into rage. It's clear that he had some serious mental issues and the he crossed the point of no return a long time ago. Nobody really realizes how dangerous the men's rights movement is, small as it may be, the ideas that it pushes can really warp minds.

Our culture seems to be steeped in the notion that rage is an acceptable reaction to loneliness and rejection, and those are two of the things that lead to so many of these shootings. The NRA doesn't help much either, as much as they say they are only about gun rights, they just perpetuate a culture of violence.

• Members

What gets me the most is that the strongest outrage I have seen has been when anyone suggests society's misogyny had anything to do with these shootings. There's been more anger over that than over the shootings themselves.

• Members
Have you read any of his manifesto? In it he talks about how all women should be sent to concentration camps. He fantasized about watching them all starve to death and only a select few would be kept alive to preserve the human race (probably blonde white women). Nobody could have sex since he couldn't ans the women would be impregnanted via artificially insemination. He just hated women.

He also made comments about how ugly "full Asians" were. I bet when he killed his poor roommates who were all Asians he called them racial epithets.

I bet his mother was a self hating Asian who thought she hhit the jackpot marrying a White man. I could not imagine thinking so little of myself because of my race and worshipping another as if they are GOD.

SMH.

• Members

I haven't had the stomach to read it, or watch the videos. I've been disgusted by much of the media coverage of this, which seems fixated on everything (The Hunger Games! Don't call it misogyny! Poor Seth Rogen and Judd Apatow are ANGRY!!!) but the horror of what he did.

When women talk about how they have to be afraid every day of their lives, this is called "hating men," or "playing victim," or "misandry," but cases like this prove why.

• Members
I am not a woman but I get what you're saying. I have seen little girls blamed for their fathers molesting them. This country in particular has an extreme fetish for men to be women hating, gun toting, football loving macho men. The media has a large part to do with this. Making blonde women the ultimate goal for these men. He was a lunatic regardless but the media plays a large part in some of his delusions. He was really disturbed and probably never spoke to any of the women he dreamed about.

In his diatribe he talked about seething with rage every time he saw a white woman with a minority, average male. He thought because he was half white and rich that women would be begging for him to have sex with them

He was such a lazy, entitled POS. He didn't want to work or go to college but he just knew he was "destined for greatness". :rolleyes: He was megalomaniac. I am glad he's dead.

• Members
Yes. A close family friend was MURDERED 3 years ago because she dared to leave her abusive husband. He saw her driving and chased her down a highway just to pull up next to her and shoot her in the face. This entitlement that men think they have over women is just DISTURBING. America doesnt really how much they feed this women hating, slut-shaming culture. It's always the women's fault. The sad thing is a lot of the time women jump in against other women. Parents need to teach their little boys from the beginning that they DO NOT have control or are entitled to anything because they are male. This archaic thinking has GOT TO GO.

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Yes, our society is obsessed with the idea of strong men, what can be done to make a man happy, everything revolving around men. Anything else is treated as anathema. Most of the women who thrive are still defined by men, or basically called men in women's bodies.

I guess my blathering in this thread won't do anything to change any of that. I credit those who do go and try to change this, against all odds.

• Members

I worked with a girl years ago... face only a mother could love. We were planting a bed in a busy intersection, and a carful of guys drove by and whistled at the girls on my crew, and they acted all pissed and indignant, the "ugly" girl who was standing next to me said quietly to me, "I wish someone would whistle at me just once". Food for thought. I've never in my life been upset with people thinking I'm attractive.

Archived