Shelly Altman and Jean Passanante Interview – The Young and the Restless

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

JFP was making big bucks when she ran AW into the ground and likewise Pissy when she did the same thing to ATWT. If Pissy would've been able cast Julie Pinson as Phyllis, Phyllis and Summer would be Janet and Liberty 2.0.

• Members

I think LOGO is experiencing an identity crisis.

About three or four years ago they were playing Buffy, the Vampire Slayer re-runs from dusk 'til dawn. Today the theme is "sitcom therapy" and on any given day, you will find a block of Living Single, Roseanne, The Golden Girls and Will & Grace filling up the entire day's schedule.

Girls and Grace are understandable but the others? wacko.png

A shame they don't offer variety anymore. Say, buying the rights to some recently released gay-themed films whether they be indie or just quirky non-mainstream features.

• Members

Two eppies of DW are at the top of my marathon list, and both involve Julia Sugarbaker reading the hell out of folks. "And that was the night the lights went out in GeorGIA" and the women vs the men at the cabin. Dixie Carter was just amazing! RIP, my dear :(

• Members

My favorites are the lights went out in Geo-GIA and Miss Valdosta Feed and Grain, Suzanne's beauty pageant, among at least 50 others.

Dixie Carter rocked it and I miss her dearly. No one could tell someone off while smiling through f**k you teeth like she could!

• Members

The only episode title I can remember is They Shoot Fat Women, Don't They? which I thought was absolutely brilliant especially for it's day and age.

I'm really hoping a lot of these shows feature Alice Ghostley (Bernice), one of the most underappreciated comic actresses of all time. Wonder if the not-too-well-received final two seasons will get much love during the marathon?

• Members

Viacom is the worst thing that ever happened to the cable networks they own. All identity lost. TV Land is at least somewhat emerging from the doldrums. Not that I mind the shows they marathon to death, but it's really all they do. That and awful reality programming.

Archived