Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

Honestly, if he'd just done what Felicity Huffman did and just accepted responsibility this entire thing might've blown over for him by now (and unlike Huffman he likely would've just settled for a fine + a laughably short community service, which seems to be what he unofficially more or less did), especially with everyone focusing on Lori Loughlin and the college scandal. While I'm sure Huffman is like many others who've been caught doing a crime more sorry she got caught, her statement was concise, classy and to the point and should be used as an example in the future for celebrities getting caught.

Him dragging this on has just made me outright dislike him and just makes me try to skip his scenes.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

If Cookie had actually gone with Lucious on that plane it would've been a decent series finale (André finally getting to be a father / Hakeem hasn't really had a plot for a while now / Jamal happy / Becky and Giselle would have their own company / Cookie and Lucious would be together, albeit "on the run"). I wonder if they shot an alternative ending where she did.

• Members

I'm disappointed to hear this news to be honest. I have enjoyed this show (though they have had some rough moments here and there). I hope that everyone does get a happy ending. Like te. mentioned some of the characters got a happy ending this past season. But maybe everyone in the family in the series finale (including Cookie and Lucious) will get a happy ending.  I actually thought that the ending for Season 3 for Cookie and Lucious (minus Dre plotting to kill Lucious and their vehicle blowing up) would have been a good series finale ending for them as a couple. They had gotten closer and reunited and wanted to travel the world.

Plus, they had a nice full circle moment when Cookie's first boyfriend Barry showed up at the club with his wife. I liked how they made peace with him and found out he had built a good life for him and his family. Cookie/Lucious ended up being inspired by them. That type of ending (minus the Dre's plotting and attempt on Lucious life) would have been a good ending for them as a couple. 

I also wonder how much Jussie's behavior and his status may have affected the network deciding to make Season 6, the last season.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I'm not sure. I do remember earlier this season, that a writer or producer mentioned that this season would be about the boys coming into their own and getting their own families. And we saw that happen, particularly with Andre. Though Hakeem didn't end up get a ton of focus this season. We did see him early in the season deal with getting shot and struggle with the aftermath of that. As well as have some conflict with Teyana largely dealing with that and the loss of their daughter. But after that, they didn't really give him a lot of focus. 

I think for the next and final season, they can have him mature more. That can be one of the things they can focus on for him. I also wouldn't mind seeing him and Teyana finally settle down together. Granted they have been on and off and they have teased Teyana and Blake. (And I even think they may have even been hinting towards a possible Teyana/Devon pairing in the last couple of episodes.) As well as teased Hakeem and Maya a little. But I think it could be good for him if him and Teyana finally decide to really make it work. And settle down together to raise their children. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Wait, so...Disney doesn't own FOX Network along with Fox (and ABC)?  I am so confused by all these studio/network mergers.  I don't know who owns what anymore, lol.

Edited by Khan