Empire: Discussion Thread

• Webmaster

Yup, her face was EVERYTHING. Andre's breakdown and the shower scene. So much said without uttering a single word. The episode itself was just non-stop from beginning to end, agree. I loved everything about it. Not a single scene was wasteful for me as a viewer.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Webmaster

I know! I was like, "Wait, what? That can't be right." But it sadly is. Hopefully any new show that takes on the Empire model doesn't think it's all about showing dark skinned people on TV in prominent roles. I don't care if you're white, black, orange or blue, if the writing and the acting is there... I'm in!

• Members

Another great episode. I really enjoyed tonight's show. Especially the bonding moments between the Lyon's family. I enjoyed the scene where Lucious let Jamal know he cared about him and was there for him. I like how the whole family was caring towards Jamal's daughter. And also the scene with the reveal at the end and the close moment that Lucious shared with Hakeem and Jamal. I also enjoyed the Cookie and Lucious moments.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Exactly! But it is going to be hard for a show to top Empire at this point. After 6/7 episodes, they've already established a good, loyal audience.

See this is what all the head writers on soaps need to be watching. This show! As someone stated, they don't have to use flashy stories to grab the audience. All we need are good, logical stories and characters to root for.

• Members

I'm really curious as to what they do with Elle. I like the angle she brings to the show, the variety that she represents for Empire. Also, I think she and Cookie have been a very interesting duo to watch. They must have her find out about Anika's dastardly deed so she and Cookie can knock her ass down. Not like Cookie needs her help...

Edited by All My Shadows

• Webmaster

Let's just pray that those that are watching in that capacity don't watch and take the Dynasty-ish aspect of Empire to their computers, but the compelling characters aspect instead. Most importantly, you don't need to introduce new characters to bring in new viewers. The characters that have been integrated into the family drama have yet to take away from the core of the show and that's what I love most about it. Every core character has a purpose and a future. A right turn doesn't drive them into a ditch, but into a natural path to their destination before they take a left turn to the next stage.

• Webmaster

I don't want to think about that, but I believe it'll be addressed in some capacity by the season finale. Remember, the feds haven't been shown since that happened. It won't be ignored. They aren't *bleep*, *bleep* and *bleep* from their horrid stints writing *bleep* hospital, *bleep* life to live or *bleep* anything.

• Members

All of this.

But I doubt any of them are watching Empire, TBH. Watching Empire would force these writers to see the error of their ways and face the truth when it comes to diversity and devising character driven stories on their shows. They'd rather do the same ole, same ole than realize that their writing does not resonate or appeal the mass anymore.

This show is just perfection. So perfect that I am scared the ball will drop. But I am keeping positive thoughts. They have me till the bitter end. Hell, they can do no worse than daytime at this point.

• Webmaster

Oh, they are trying, believe me. They're just copying the wrong elements and are hoping the networks will buy into it for next season. Hopefully the network execs realize (yeah, that'll never happen) it won't work without what actually does resonate with the millions of Empire viewers each week.