Clippers Owner Don Sterling Really Screws Up

Roman

• Members

I don't know what will happen tomorrow with the players on the team. Sterling was caught on tape telling his girlfriend that he didn't want her associating with black Americans and he didn't want them coming to his games. Now, I have also seem today that he has made statements such as this in the past, and that he has had to settle court cases or pay restitution for behavior like this.

But what will the NBA Commish do? Its up in the air right now. TMZ, of course, broke the story.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So he is already being defended. Well that's par for the course. But how is Magic a hypocrite? And how does free speech go with being an owner of a team in league that is 70% black American and using blatant racial slurs of a particular group of people ok?

• Members

Jalen Rose, Stephen Smith, and Barron Davis are now confirming that his comments are reflective of who he is, has been for years - Barron of whom has directly worked for him. What's more disturbing to me is that this man who apparently is a well known racist was allowed to remain in the league for years. Of course he's the owner of one of the most lucrative teams and on that level it would be difficult to get rid of him. You're talking about all types of law suits that would be leveled against the NBA if they tried but listening to SportCenter a lot of insiders aren't surprised by his comments.

Archived