Y&R Casting Call

• Members

I agree. They aren't going to do anything with Devon. If they won't put him with someone like Hilary, who is age appropriate, with whom he had chemistry, and was decently received by fans (more than Neil has had with any of his pairings post Dru that I can see), then they won't EVER do anything with him. Like you, most don't want to see father and son drama, so they are choosing to bring in another guy to form this quad with Hilary/Neil/Leslie. It's as if they insist on giving KSJ this pairing whether it makes sense or not. I just wonder if Hilary/Neil will be better received than the other pairings Neil has had. It's already crippled. I trust KSJ when he says fans will hate it because he wasn't joking. Is it so hard to write him a pairing to work? To give him a REAL love story that doesn't involve cheating or sneaking around behind his sons back (which I do think that is what Neil/Hilary will do)? To cast for it and plan it? Must every pairing he have be haphazard? Gah!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As long as they keep Neil in his box, he's never gonna have a solid pairing. Hilary's clear story should've been with Devon and Jack, not Devon and Neil. Neil needs to be spread around the canvas and tested with other solid females in his age range. Of course they're all white, which is the problem IMO. They don't value Abby, so putting her with Tyler is no big deal. On the other hand, they won't "waste" Victoria, Phyllis, Avery or Sharon on Neil, because they value those as their white female leads. It doesn't matter that Neil has chemistry with all four women I mentioned, it just cannot be done. Similar to how Michael Muhney had strong chemistry with Leslie, but they wouldn't consider that because Adam was too valuable to them. This is why I always advocate for Olivia returning because she has chemistry with Neil and is an established female character. They need to give him a non-pairing like Paul has instead of attempting these half-hearted pairings.

• Members

It could work if it was fresh. But nothing about it feels fresh. If it were Jack and Kyle, I might feel differently about it. It would be a play on history for what Jack did to John. And then they have never bedded the same woman. Nor does Jack have a long history of battling his brother/son for women. But as things stand, it is just exasperating. I am just plain tired.

• Members

I agree about Tyler and Abby. They do not value her. She is just around. I also think it is because they don't value Tyler either. I know that MO is tall but they already have Devon with a woman taller than him so they could have easily paired her with Devon. What's the difference? But they didn't do that because Tyler is just a tad bit more expendable than Devon (not much though). They can have Tyler murdered today and not get very much backlash. But I don't think they would want to get rid of Devon. He is the only young AA male connected to canvas that is on canvas. If they had kept Nate on when they cast him a few years ago, even Devon would be expendable.

I also think that Olivia should return with Nate. But I don't think this doctor is going to be Nate. It would make no sense to cast him as 40.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived