GH: Primetime Actress Joins

• Members

I wouldn't say Donna Mills was an actress that was typecast. Also, the majority of the tv movies she did weren't for Lifetime. She had movie deals with the actual big networks, there is a Larry King interview on YouTube where she talks about one of her 3-film deals with CBS where she would star and Executive Producer 3 films of her choosing. She did a variety of comedy and drama movies of the week and rarely played victims. Not that there would be anything wrong with that, but that simply isn't what Donna Mills did. She had a varied selection of roles.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DM actually played lots of victim roles prior to KL, which is why she really wanted that role. I've always thought that she was truly underrated as an actress because: 1) her looks; 2) the perceived 80s soap vixen (lumped in with other primetime soap actress who weren't nearly as good). It's interesting that DM never married and we know precious little about her personal life. She just seems like a really interesting, yet down-to-earth person based on her interviews. Oh, and she looks pretty amazing for 73!

• Members

If you believe the rumors, though, she's never married, b/c she swings for the other team. In fact, I think someone suggested once she was involved with Jane Elliot or Deidre Hall (or both)? I can't be sure.

• Members

It doesn't really matter, I just find it interesting that someone who was pretty high profile during that era managed to keep things private. It just goes to show that celebrities who claim they are being stalked by the paps really do invite it.

• Members

I hope if either is true she has the good sense of hooking up with JE lol

I never heard those rumors (not that it would change my view of her) but im really ok with knowing as little as possible about the actors i enjoy. The only actors i follow on fb is Parry shen (becuz hes just so adorable heeheee) and NLg (becuz shes anything but lol)

Archived