ABC Answers PP Lawsuit

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. ABC responded to the motions Prospect Park filed in court. Prospect Park amended the lawsuit in November to ask for "a declaration that Prospect Park's continued payment of the licensing fees under the Agreement is excused; that Prospect Park is entitled to an extension of the License Agreement; and that the term of the License Agreement is tolled, from the time of ABC's breach until the breach is fully remedied." ABC has asked the court to remove that request, saying that Prospect Park is basically asking the court to rewrite the contract they had with ABC.

All of these are pre-trial motions, by the way. Nothing about this suit is settled at this point. Prospect Park can file a response with the court to ABC's demand to strike the license extension from the suit. Pre-trial motions could continue for some time. Behind the scenes, I have no doubt that attorneys for both sides are discussing possible settlements. I haven't followed the case with tremendous scrutiny, so I don't know if there's even a court date at this point.

If there is no settlement before going to court, then the judge will rule on all pre-trial motions, and they'll proceed from there.

• Members

Seriously. If by some miracle, Prospect Park does get All My Children and One Life to Live back online, don't even tell us about it a year before-hand or even a month before-hand ... don't tell the soap press ... The Online Network, nobody!

Just do a Beyonce and upload 17 brand new episodes to Hulu Plus without telling a single soul.

• Members

Their lack of promotion was a very big problem. It was there in the very beginning but man did it slack off nearly completely. For weeks I saw that damn Hulu commercial on like every channel and there were billboards, and magazine photo shoots, and then ..... ?

IDK. I'm somewhat over all of this even though I want to see the shows back, and I really can't go through another "this person is signed" ... "this month we're taping" .... etc.

I feel like it's over this time, but at the same time, who knows? Stranger things have happened. Last time when it failed, I sort of felt we'd see the shows again, but now, I really don't know. I think it's obvious ABC wants them back and PP would be once again rushing against the grain to get something going.

I almost can't even believe I'm talking about all of this. Surreal this just won't go away. LOL.

Archived