Days: Week of January 5, 2014 promo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it could be a good story if Abby actualizes her subconcious and understands that her choice in men is driven by her need to replace her father. The show has spent a good year hinting at this. The reason she stayed a virgin, the reason she was conflicted over her choice between Cameron (the on-paper best choice) and Chad (the flawed hero trying to rise above his paternal influence), the reason she pimped Dannifer, the reason she is attracted to EJ - all of it is rooted in her Jack issues. It's time for it to come out in the open.

These EJ/Abby scenes show the motivation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywequ9Lv8dA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBS16i34REc

And of course, the most open the show ever has been to address this issue was when Chloe Lane, of all people, in March last year, made Abby come unhinged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbbj6fsAffA

• Members

You are making my point for me, in the 8 years this character has been on screen he has had three love interests total. Two of which were long standing pivotal relationships for those female characters. EJ's main story since he came on the show has been his love story with Sami which is has been expressed as a volatile one. All the times he has hated her, he has also been in love with her. Hence the need to make her life a living hell to get back at her for things she did to him. It doesn't seem plausible that he would cheat on her, when he has finally committed to her in the form of an engagement. It's not believable that the guy who has spent years pining for her, wanting her and their family to finally be one to all the sudden have him throw all of that away to roll in the sheets with Abby.

It doesn't make sense and is not believable considering all of EJ's past motivations. He would definitely see how him sleeping with Abby will destroy all hopes of him being with Sami. EJ is smart enough to understand that. Which is why I say this screams of plot contrivance. They need to find a way to make Abby interesting and tagging her with EJ will provide her with story for the next 3-6 months at least until they can find another suitor for her.

Taylor was a different circumstance as the marriage to Nicole was one of convenience, EJ, no longer held real feelings for Nicole during the Taylor arc.

• Members

I'm only proving your point if you ignore everything I wrote. You have omitted Kate conveniently - that was pure sex. You also seem to confuse sex with love and think his love for Sami transcends his need to get off - have you actually ever met a man in real life? And we're talking about EJ DiMera here, so I'm not sure why you think he is above this. You also contradict yourself by saying he was over Nicole when he met Taylor, but he was still marying Nicole - again proving the point of the schism between sex, love and commitment. He slept with Sami when he was supposedly trying to be with Nicole (grief sex or whatever) and slept with Nicole in the elevator when he was still in love with Sami.

EJ is a gray character trending more to black than white. Sami may be his best match in life, but that doesn't mean it is ever going to be happily ever after for them.

• Members

After all those uses of "bitch" and "slut" in the last clip, maybe Abby should be paired with Victor.

When I was trying to watch a little more often a few years ago, during the MarDar revamp, I thought Kate Mansi was made to look way too old for the part, and was rough as hell as an actress. While she has her issues now, they seem to write more to her strengths, and the way they approached her relationship with EJ is much more interesting than usual.

Nadia's a lot of fun in that last clip, at least the first 2/3 of it. JER would have loved her as a villainess.

• Members

Again you seem to have misunderstood my entire point. EJ slept with Nicole and Kate when he was unattached and therefore not committed to any woman. He married Nicole for the sole purpose of providing his children with a motherly figure not because he wanted a relationship with her, hence why he had no issues with pursuing Taylor. The fact that EJ cheated on Nicole with Sami was precisely because it was Sami. The sole focus of his decade long obsession, his feelings for her know no bounds in that regard and that is what has been written for more than 8 years now. Sami is different for EJ, his one weakness and his ultimate love placed before all others and it's been like that for years now. She's the one exception.

EJ cheating on Sami is out of character considering all that he has gone threw to finally be with her. That is what flies in the face of everything the character has been building towards for 10 years now which is what is unrealistic about this development in the story. Especially considering the weak build up they've made with EJ and Abby.

And please stop, your point about men being men and needing to get off sounds so plebian and crude not to mention weak in regards to my arguments that it's out of character for EJ to do this. If they wanted to go this direction and have EJ have an affair than they needed to build it up better and make it more believable because as it stands now this Abby story is a wash from the word go.

More than this I don't understand where they are intending to go with the character. Abby being with EJ does no favors for her either. Especially when she just dumped Chad for less than EJ would do on a normal day. This just makes her an even bigger hypocrite for it. This legitimately feels like a plot device to give Abby some story because she has no one to interact with now that Chad and Cameron are gone.

• Members

Again, fanwanking nonsense this is if you think Sami means more to EJ than Nicole or Taylor when he was "in love" with them. The only edge Sami has is that she bore him 2 children and accepts him through pariah comradeship.

After everything EJ has done on this show in particular to Sami, suddenly infidelity, intentional or spontaneous, is a line he could NEVER cross? GMAB.

Its not crude or weak - it's WHAT THE SHOW HAS SHOWN US. The character has stated numerous times he needs physical gratifiction. If that sullies the "purity" of their romance that you have conjured up in your head, then fine - don't let the facts distort your opinion.

Archived