SOD: Best & Worst of 2013

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the worst scenes since RH was cast as FrankenTodd! In all honesty, Roger's acting is not the problem here. I don't believe he was given much direction pre-tumor. It looks like Roger was told that Franco was this wacky scene stealer, and he went for it. The current slapstick needs to go, but he's not nearly the vomit inducing creature he was in the beginning. The party he threw himself in May was all kinds of morbid!

• Members

I actually like the Y&R Paternity Story right up until the twist was revealed. It had the possibility of being such a game changer. In fact, the fact that Phyllis is in a coma for the foreseeable future makes all of it very Bill Bell in that he took YEARS to get around to a dangling plot thread because it doesn't look like they are going to resolve that (not sure of this since I stopped watching around Delia's death and my well documented saga of fighting with CBS's online player) any time soon.

And NO as far as Franco. I find that RH draws me in when he is being serious. Slapstick like the picture above is like nails on a chalkboard and take me out of the scene if not gets me to fight the urge to throw my laptop. He does bad slapstick, but great deeper undercurrent like depth (like when he popped up with those scenes with Ellie and Carly post-operation.

I did LOVE that SOD at least called out that Franco/Jason showdown episode for the crap it was though.

• Members

I don't know how SOD can justify its choice of the Jeromes as the best revived family, given that arguably the most important Jerome--Olivia--is not around. (I realize that she died, but that never stopped any writers before.) It makes little sense that Tonja Walker has never been asked to return to GH (and, according to her Twitter feed, she has indicated on several occasions that she would love to go back).

• Members

Seriously! They had Chad/Abby/Cameron on Days as worst triangle, but I would rather watch that all over again than anything Adam/ChelseA related.

Props to SOD for calling GH out on a couple of things (I know, I know, baby steps).

• Members

Might not be in a year's time.

I pick up two to four copies every single week and usually there are two copies left. Well, over the past month (in every store I go to) there has only been two copies on the newsstand which means they have decreased in circulation quantity quite a bit, at least by half.

As for Roger Howarth winning Best Actor it shouldn't go unmentioned that they created that award for him (same for Eileen Davidson and the never before used Best Actress accolade) because of the fact that he was all over the soap opera dial in 2013. They credit him for three different variations on just two characters: Todd on One Life to Live and on General Hospital and of course NuFranco on GH.

So he didn't win that trophy solely for the mess we've been watching for the past four or five months.

Archived