B&B: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

Thank you! I thought it was just me having this strong reaction to the character because everybody seems to adore him. But he is so obsessive and creepy about Hope. Everytime he yaps about True Wuv and giving Hope the best of everything, it sounds so icky and insincere. Plus, he was willing to turn his back on his mom for a chance to get with the Spencer money and closer to Hope. What a prince.

So am I, Caroline fan forever here! I thought she'd been looking pretty good as Karen recently (she's aged in distinguished way), it's Crystal Chappell who has been looking a hot, hard mess. Honestly, if they can't bring back JJ or get Maura West for the part, forget it. I don't need to see Terri Conn or some other anonymous blonde bimbo replacing an actress with long and beloved ties to B&B.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's just starting and could lead nowhere. FIrst the necklace stitch of Brad eh Bill and then her licking his blood, now Quinn is VERY interestd in Eric. But if I recall this was hinted at back in September already with some crazy looks of Rena Sofer... So she might take the psycho route indeed. We'll see. It's bringing some well-needed excitement, IMO.

• Members

I know many won't care, but I'm bummed that they let Kristolyn Lloyd go (she tweeted the thanksgiving episodes are her last). I thought Dayzee had so much potential and they just seemed to lose interest. When Texas Battle booked another series it basically sealed her fate. They should've just recast Marcus or broke them up and written him off. You have Oliver, Wyatt, Liam and (at the time) Thomas and they didn't even chemistry test Dayzee with any of them. And I agree with all the Crazy Quinn comments. I never saw a long term future for Quinn, but the show has needed another Sheila and I hope they take this seriously and take her that far. It's also about time they use Donna in her own story. It's crazy that she's been appearing in so many episodes yet she is either an extra at Forrester or a Talk To for Brooke and Katie. Considering how long she's been on B&B, Jennifer Garies is too expensive to be paid to sit in the background.

• Members

I thought the casting of Maya sealed her fate. I knew this show wasn't going to give two black girls a story. Dayzee had a brief personality change in order to prop Maya and then her airtime dwindled. Im honestly surprised she lasted till Thanksgiving bc I expected her gone by summer

• Members

What? Kristolynn is out?! No! Say it ain't so?

Can't we send Maya for a refund and get KL back in exchange? I'd much rather have Dayzee around than Maya. KL has the chops, the looks and the presence needed for a role on this show, plus she has the ties to the canvas. Maya? Who? Couldn't care less. The Rick "romance" was a bust, and she's married to a block of wood who I doubt will be driving story anytime soon.

A new black girl -- what will her tie to the canvas be? As another identikit FC model?

Oh man, Brad Bell is making such a huge mistake here. The chemistry KL had with everybody in those Thanksgiving episodes, she and John McCook were especially sweet in their brief scenes together. Like I said, Dayzee needs to be friendly, gregarious, smart, doing something at FC, but also a little Stephanie-esque (early Stephanie!) in the sense that she is absolutely certain about what is right and what is not, and if something (or someone) doesn't fit into her vision, she meddles and manipulates in order to get her way. All the time keeping that gregarious, smart personality. Oh, and cut her loose from that albatross, Marcus.

• Members

It seems Brad Bell considers LaGareis a true Bell soap trooper; I think she was in college when he lured her to B&B, so I think he really TRIES to have Donna around and make her relevant because he feels obliged to. Personally I'd much rather see her slutting it in Genoa CIty than in the thankless and useless role of Donna Logan...

• Members

I don't disagree with you often, but on this, I have to. I don't think KL adds anything to BB and is easily replaced. Even if she were given more to do, I don't imagine KL making Dayzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzee interesting. She mopes even when she's not supposed to be moping. Kara Mosely? The less said about her the absolute better! My god! That is one talking hairball I don't ever wish to see again. Neither of the two have any edge or much or a presence. KM has the same expression no matter what, and KL is just mean looking! She's such a depressing actress. Bye!

This is pretty much the norm with black characters. Drucilla and Angie Hubbard were the exception.

However, YR recently got it right. They brought in MM, and she lights up a room and can go toe to toe with the best of them. They've given Devon more to do and then you have two additional black males. Tyler needs more work and out of that gruesome pairing, but Mason is a winner and I hope he stays!

BB will never get past Brooke's crotch, Hope, $Bill, so I'm not sure why anyone is wasting time bringing another black character to this show. Look at all the white people they are misusing?

• Members

Nah. It's exciting, I'll give it that. But Sheila has tons of motivation and reasons that fueled her psychosis.

Here we have a typical but interesting psycho who started a feud with Donna over Eric and then went nuts within the same episode. Not Sheila. But a dose of excitement, for sure.

• Members

As of now, it looks like Donna wants back in with Eric and Quinn will be her enemy. But, you know BB. That could change my Monday.

On second thought, they seemed to be playing her psychosis straight and seriously, not comically like Pam. So that would be a Sheila shade. But it's not exactly anything more than a random obsession for her to go nuts over.

• Members

Oh, yes, all the poor white people standing around in scenes doing nothing. Welcome to B&B over the last 20 years! Thing is, I really rated KL's talent and energy, she made me sit up and notice her. All they did was chem-test her with that lifesize Ken doll Adam Gregory -- nobody could animate that. Even KKL was doing all the heavy lifting during that fuckberries SL. And Dayzee has no blood relationship with either the Spencers or the Forresters which, considering the gene pool on B&B, might be considered a blessing. I find her more watchable than Caroline or even Rick, that's for damn sure.

Let's not discuss this Maya creature who is right up there with Shanelle Workman's shortlived Gabriela or whichever character the vampire hunter from Port Charles was playing. How did somebody who did prison end up such a wet blanket, talking about roses and rainbows and unicorns?

I'd be curious to see what happens with $Bill now that nuRidge is returning. Brad always loves a shiny new toy.

• Members

Bill can be such an annoying pig… if only Don Diamont wasn’t the unbelievably sexy man he is, I could write the character off! But it’s nice to see Brooke be so dismissive. It’s good to see her be a little strong in regards to a man in her life and not have her wet herself five minutes after a seduction attempt that was supposedly turned down. All that could change, mind you. I just hope she remains strong, for once. Unless she changes her mind just as Ridge returns... which would be very in line with the show.

Could that photoshoot be any more unrealistic? Wyatt just walks onto the set and all of a sudden they make him up and photograph him? Since when does the fashion world work like that?

Wow, Aly, it didn’t take long for you to become a vagina-led schemer! Welcome to The Bold and the Beautiful!

For the first six months, he then destroys and writes them out :lol:

Archived