B&B: December 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

That's what I was going to say as well. Writing wise, the show is bankrupt. But the lighting, a lot of the sets, the camera work... they've still got it.

OMG They're playing psycho music for Quinn.... !!!!

Not gonna lie, that's exciting.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it would. Ridge took a lot of flack for his involvement with Bridget. Liam is hated because of his back and forth with Steffy. Brooke has been the work horse of B&B for a lot of reasons, so I always cut her some slack. She has carried this show at various times over the years, imo.

The reason she has taken so much flack in this Katie story is that she was blaming the victim and acting unrepentant for quite a while there. Some of the things she said to Katie were truly surreal. She slapped her for pity's sake! Before that, Brooke was generally sorry for the pain she caused people, so the audience was more likely to forgive her. That's how I see it anyway.

• Members

I totally agree -- even though as Cheap pointed out, it is the choice of men she makes that is the issue. But the town bicycle she ain't.

Watching Monday's eppy right now. Rick just asked Maya to help Caroline get dressed? And Maya is all woop de doo and holding Caroline's hand? WTF?! What did I miss?

If B&B isn't going to use Felicia as Stephanie's heir apparent (LK! sob!), then Dayzee would be great as a meddlesome, manipulative goody-two-shoes in the Stephanie mold. Somebody who is absolutely convinced of the rightness of everything she does, even when it is so, so wrong. KL is a strong enough actress to pull it off, but instead they have her fussing with Caroline with her dress.

Damn the make-up on poor LG is about an inch thick! And what's with the boohooing?! We will never be apart, you are amazing, a vision, an angel sent from above... oh please. You know they'll be divorced in months once they bring on yet another newbie for Rick.

Woooooooooo Crazy Quinn talking to Stephanie's portrait! (I would still take Taylor over Quinn, though). It's ironic because her son Wyatt exudes a complete psychopathic quality, too. I mean, I know Liam is a total brainless dud, but dead-eyed Wyatt's obsession with Hope creeps me the hell out. I feel like he's about to hold Hope hostage in his special Panic Room wallpapered with photos of her with Liam's head cut out and his head scotch-taped in.

Has anybody seen the Ridge promo with ole Thorsten? I wish they'd given his hair a cut. And poor TK is just not as tall as RM. I will still be watching excitedly, though.

• Members

Crystal just kind of sucks, IMO, it's not so much about butch for me. I think Joanna was able to play a tough but still loving Karen, and since they presumably won't be giving Karen any romance stories (unless they magically turn her bi), that worked for me.

This show tends to struggle with recasts of women - they often do a terrible, terrible job. I'd just rather see a new character.

But it's not a big deal. I was always a Caroline fan anyway (the dead Caroline), and she's gone.

• Members

That creepy ending with Quinn on the balcony was MIGHTY fine yesterday. This show desperately needs a psycho, so go for it Brad! This also means that Rena Sofer's paycheck should be free in about 3 months to lure back Hunter Tylo. LOL

I loved that they slowed down the pacing and we still have Thanksgiving in LA. A reminder of the good old days where events like the famiöly gathering at the Forrester mansion meant sth.

Archived