GH50: November 2013 Discussion

• Members

The impression I got from whatever article it was a few months back was that Stamos wanted to come in for a couple weeks or days and do something for the anniversary and maybe block-tape a little story for Blackie. That wouldn't have been hard for them to do; they did it for Jackie Zeman and sent Bobbie off with Noah Drake in ten or twenty episodes or less, and it was fine. In this case, though, it seems like that Ron just wanted to go for the stunt - look, we got John Stamos and Demi Moore back! And they're together! That's one cheap gag, and that's not what Stamos allegedly wanted. And that's very fair IMO.

It's also backed up by a story Tony Call (Herb Callison) tells in Jeff Giles's OLTL expose, Llanview in the Afternoon. He's married to OLTL's continuity guru Margo Husin, and he said Ron had apparently wanted him to come back along with Judith Light in OLTL's final weeks, with Herb Callison married to Karen Wolek - another gag because Herb is the one who made Karen confess on the stand in those famous scenes back in the '70s. But again, that's one cheap gag. It doesn't service the characters. It just gives the writers a little frisson.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Except that WASNT a lie back then. That is a retcon RC JUST made up in the story. As originally written, the letter was the reason for why Heather targeted Sam. Everything that played off from that event and story was Franco and Jason as twins and there was no reason for us the audience to beelvie that was a lie until RC decided to de-Q Franco and make him a Baldwin a few days ago. Heather never claimed to lie about babies being twins to hurt Jason and Sam for misdeeds done to Franco bc that was not a part of the history of this story until recently.

• Members

You guys are worrying over nothing. I'm no Cartini stan/defender but that detail is minor and easily explained...

Heather lied to Sam because she knew all along that Franco was alive. The two of them came up with the idea to pass Franco off as Jason's twin, with the goal being that Franco would come to town and rob the Q's blind. The plan was already underway when Sam visited Heather, so that's why Heather lied...However, when Franco got to town and discovered his brain tumor, he backed out of the plan. Now Heather is fed up & pissed so she exposed the truth - Franco is her son with Scott.

As for Francos obsession with Jason? Easy. You see, Heather has been planning this con for a LONG time - she's been locked up, what else was she going to do? So Franco's adoptive mom truly did believe that Franco was Jason's twin because that's what Heather had told her, and therefore that is what she told Franco and thus...Franco's obsession was born. And when Franco "died" in the fire it was an associate of Heathers who saved him, bringing him to see Heather who told him the truth about his parentage. And thus began the plan to rob the Q's.

It took me 5 minutes to come up with that and I guarantee what we get will be some variation of that - if Ron even cares enough to explain those details.

:)

• Members

Why is this even about her? Does she think Ron is going to give her a cookie? Is she looking for work? Based on the poor quality of GH's current scriptwriting team, she'd be in with a shot.

It's unprofessional and pathetic to wade into this. Ron is a middle-aged man. He doesn't need a cheerleader. He can have a tantrum on Twitter all by himself.

• Members

You know, tying FrancOdd to the Qs was actually one of the few things I really did not mind. I was looking forward to more scenes with him and Tracy and even AJ vs Franco. That and the tie with Ava I actually liked. But now he's got no more ties to her or her big-chinned spawn, and he's linked to a recurring character (Baldwin) played by an actor who will probably get the hump when FV or RC renege on a promise to feature him more and !@#$%^&*] off back to Florida. It's like, why? I know Franco's a flop but are they planning to untie all his his current associations because they plan on letting RH go? I don't think so.

Especially with PP shelving OLTL, the likelihood is that ABC will try and get the rights to that show again and go back to incorporating parts of it into GH. Where does that leave the OLTL 3 as Franco, Kiki and Silas? I'd rather see Todd Manning back than this Franco mess but how are they going to explain their way out of almost a year of bending-over-backwards to change the original story in the first place?

• Members

They'll just have Todd say he was living in a dump, and then smirk at the camera.

Howarth is on GH as a piece of ass, nothing more. He's a mediocre actor who mostly just has screen presence with one person (Laura Wright), and even that has its limits. But his hahafest will probably be more popular with fans if it's not tied to Franco, since Franco is so repulsive.

They will probably have Sam go to bed with Silas and the next morning she's calling him McBain. There's zero difference between the characters. Maybe McBain will have a leather jacket.

Kukla - she and Michael will have a teary breakup, we'll see the back of her head as she leaves the airport gate, and Starr will walk in at the same time. Cue more "Starrcel" angst, or whatever they are called. Something that sounds like an evil corporation on Bionic Woman.

• Members

Uh oh, it's going to be Carly waking up at the MetroCourt and Todd coming out of the shower going "Miss me?" Isn't it?

Starrcel sounds like a brand of cheap-ass batteries you find discounted at CVS. I really cannot with this coupling, real-life or otherwise. Who knew controversy could be such a bore?

• Members

First of all, plenty of us asked why everyone was blindly taking known nut and liar Heather's story at face value. We wondered why Sam didn't even pursue who left the DVD that set her up to find Heather. When John obtained the Franco DNA sample and Sam only ran it against Danny, red flags were certainly raised on the boards. Those of us who watched OLTL pointed out how RC took pains for John to confirm Irene's secret twin story with 2 DNA tests and how very OOC he didn't suggest Sam double-check Heather's story. RC just doesn't skip the OMG it's true the DNA tests proves it type dramatic moments. There was a really long thread about this on SOC so some viewers saw reason to believe this was a lie last year. I'm sorry you didn't see it but it was speculated about a lot and I hate to defend RC but the spec grew after Heather & Olivia fought over Franco.

Also, you still don't explain why Heather was so hostile to stranger Sam before the letter even gets brought up.

Did RC leave gaping holes with Heather's Friday reveal? Sure, but NO DNA test proof was always a MACK TRUCK size clue they weren't really twins.

Archived