'Lost' actress joins 'Young and the Restless'

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They would be wise to use her in a psychotic role... though Y&R has had a nasty habit of showcasing short-term psychos in recent years.

Just give her some good material. That's all I ask. And put her in the orbit of interesting characters. (Is this all asking too much?)

• Members

No I haven't forgot her turn as Kelly but the show was pretty much over by then I think ABC stuck the show at some offbeat time in the summers for those last three seasons so it's been forgotten.

Watros was unforgettable on GL and carried the show at least from the fall of '96 with her and Phillip in that cabin to her spectacular exit jumping out of an airplane leaving Reva to die. I doubt she was a friend of Phelps as Phelps was on her way out by then aside from the ghost Reva crapola.

The ultimate bad thing is that this probably continues the "name casting" that leads to nothingness as started under MAB but hasn't even ceased under JFP.

• Members

What I liked most about Watros' turn as psychotic Annie was that instead of going for outright camp, she often went for black humour instead. There was a real sincerity and vulnerability to her performances, which made it easier to root for Annie over Reva (even when the writing told you that you should do otherwise).

She deserved that Emmy so bad.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

i think we are i the beginning stages of a psycho being born... Billy will sleep w/ her out of grief, and then want to break things off, because 'i love my wife!!!'... and she won't have that, etc. Basically, what Phyllis/Nick were supposed to be, before they gained fan following and the PTB chickened out due to actor input.

Archived