Y&R: Final Goodbye to Katherine Chancellor begins August 16th

• Members

The episode with the cast was a tribute special that didn't feature any acting so I doubt they would be able to submit that.

I don't think they are going to write this story horribly though. And nothing can get worse than how GH wrote Edward Quartermaine's death last year ans people were praising that.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not that optimistic - unfortunately.

This story should be about JILL vs. rest of Genoa City but judging by this preview (Thanks for posting it BTW!!) they will include her but only as a minor player. And let's face it; if this story is not about JIll vs. Nikki/Esther who get a fair share of the fortune, this "goodbye to Katherine" is gonna blow - big time. But I'm sure eventually it will be about Cane and Chloe, Devon will get a token part of this story and somehow they gonna force Kevin into this. I pray the show proves me wrong but they probably won't. It will not be terrible but just not live up to expectations and to the legacy left behind.

• Members

And now I've seen the second episode.

The only thing good about this is Janice Ferri Esser gave Jess Walton good lines that she ran with. But everyone else is acting bizarrely, especially Michael Fairman and Daniel Goddard who raised the bar in levels of smarmy crap.

• Members

Neither does the spoiler that Jill is sent on some sort of journey by Katherine. I'm sure it will be off-screen. I notice Jess Walton is sending out lots of photos from Facebook/Twitter from Oregon. If she still has that apartment in LA for work she's not getting much use out of it. One of their best actors and an important core character wasted again... by another regime.

Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter, I'll be done with the show if she's not carrying on the Chancellor clan in that mansion. They can make Donald Duck Katherine's heir for all I care because that's no sillier than Devon to me. The rumor is Dylan is being made the protagonist on the Y&R soon, so I won't even be tempted to turn it on again.They are going to make this easy.

Archived