• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

God Dani doesn't stand a chance of ever getting over any of her daddy issues. I really enjoyed that Todd/Dani scene. I wish they hadn't had Todd trapped into that hotel room fie so much of RH's run. It really is night and day watching RH on OLTL and his GH run.

Matthew never told Michelle about Drew/Destiny...douche

The Jeffrey and Viki relationship is one of the most refreshing developments on the online version of the show.

I STILL don't care about Todd/Blair...

• Members

The Two Todds and the tattoo mystery was quite compelling the first few weeks but it's become a dragged out mess with NO PROGRESS the last months. PP poorly used TSJ and then RH. ITA locking him up in that motel room for weeks was stupid choice.I realized during his goodbye with Viki he barely spent any time with her, PP made the same mistake ABC did underusing RH/ES together.

I wish Dani had slapped Todd's face off for daring to pretend he cares one bit about Téa. Seriously, this is the man who shot her uncle/father and then tormented her mom with dead baby lies. Dani may not know he's been plotting to kill VicTodd AGAIN, but fans watching know, and want him called out for his lies and ish.

Glad PP didn't invest a dime in T&B's off screen wedding. They've had so many and this one is just another based on another lie.

Jeffrey's tattoo reveal should have happened weeks ago when the story badly needed a jolt. Now it just feels as if PP will keep the story going to keep teasing RH and TSJ possible returns.

I'm starting to think Clint wants to SPUR Viki into action his behalf.

Good scenes at the hospital. Destiny is growing on me, while I'm already sick of Michelle.

I don't care one bit about David's reality show and wish Dorian would just give up completely on him.

• Members
Yeah, I hadn't realized it until the Todd/Viki scene that we haven't actually seen them together again since I think the beginning of the Pellegrino fund stuff in her office. Total waste of the RH/Slezak chemistry.

While I appreciated the very subtle reveal of Jeffery's tattoo, you're extremely correct that the timing was ridiculously poor. The Victor/Todd story was what originally got me hooked on the online version and it just diiiied.

• Members

I completely hear your point on the tattoo story needing some drama about a month ago. But I will say that as far as the Jeffrey character, dragging out this reveal made it shocking. Because we've gotten to really know him as Viki's ace reporter, the sweet guy who likes Destiny, the all around stand-up guy contrasted with the less mature, often selfish Matthew. And beyond one possibly but not obviously mysterious letter, they haven't even hinted at anything sinister- no weird music, no scenes of Jeffrey on the phone, no crazy eyes like we've had from Michelle. So yes, I'm with you the tattoo story has been a mess for awhile now but maybe because I've been way more into Jeffrey/Viki/the Banner and the 20 somethings than the tat mystery, I kind of loved this reveal timing. Having self-control with spoilers for once in my life also helped.

• Members

If Todd had truly devoted most of his time to winning over his kids, then Blair's turnaround would have made sense and her praising his changes would have resonated. But instead Todd basically tried to buy Dani and Jack's love, and never spent any time with Sam at all. After Viki saw through his fake truce with VicTodd, he more or less avoided her all too knowing eyes. The story would have been much improved if Viki had been pulled into investigating the tattoo org and tying it from the start to Jeffrey's black site news story.

I understand PP was faced with two actors refusing to sign long-term, but they bungled it by not spreading the story to other characters when Trevor left.

• Members

I guess I just don't see what's "based on a lie," Eric. If you're referring to the whole "I'm going to kill Victor" thing, you're really splitting hairs to try and make something happen. Todd told Blair he was going to kill Victor to save their families. Blair told him not to. She kept working on him and eventually he buckled - you could see the expression on his face as he reluctantly told his guy "before we kill him, I wanna talk to him." That'd Todd-speak for "I hate the guy but I'm not gonna do it" and we've both seen that look on Roger Howarth's face a hundred times.

I understand that's debatable, and we can debate that til the cows come home but the fact is he never made an actual attempt on Victor. He told Blair what he was going to do, she told him not, he didn't do it. Even if he had intended to and kept it in his back pocket, it never happened. End of story. There's no "there" there.

I didn't mind Todd and Blair's story this time, really, because I think they were under the gun, dealing with a huge startup process for the new show and had a lot of other major organizational and time issues, not to mention TSJ and RH's limited availability - that's why I forgave a lot in Victor's very rapid return and exit, as well. And I also gave the Todd and Blair reunion a lot of slack because I think they picked up heavily from where things had been left on GH - in all their appearances on that show, those two were clearly still in love. They were all over each other last summer in Port Charles but the only thing standing in their way was Todd's baby secret and Tomas. In the fall it was about their pride. It was only a matter of time. The table was pretty well-set for their reunion by April 29th, and when Todd finally came back to town that countdown clock was already ticking away. So they did all they really needed to do for me at that point - he made efforts with his kids, with Blair. He told her everything he was doing behind the scenes. He prioritized her and he stopped lying, and that's all she really needed from him, as she made clear last year.

Would I have liked more talks? Yes. Would I have liked them to get the [!@#$%^&*] out of that hotel room? Oh, yes. I think the story has barely moved for over a month and it's been a huge drag. But as for the character and romance portion, I think they did their job well to the best of their ability with Todd and Blair for four weeks of taping while also restarting the entire show and other stories and characters at the same time. It's a hell of a lot more than I expected and it was basically a love letter to their fans, on an extreme budget and time crunch. But they got it done. It's just too bad that the tattoo story is only going to finally get moving now that both Todds are gone. I love the Jeffrey twist.

And I'm happy they're married, but at the same time, unless both Roger and Trevor can be secured definitively for the future I think they need to find a way to move Blair and Téa going on forward - and while that Dean dude is hot and I wouldn't mind seeing Téa take him to bed, that glorified dayplayer is simply not in La Delgado's league. If that means "killing" both Todd and Victor off offscreen at the hands of the cult, so be it.

• Members

Yes, I got my scene with Dorian power walking with Jack. I'm glad they followed through. I'm surprised Dorian bought Jack's explanation about his English teacher--he wasn't very convincing in his explanation to her assumption of Jack's relationship with his teacher.

That scene between Todd and Vicki really did drive home how few scenes they actually had together. In their goodbye scene, I kept expecting Vicki to tell Todd 'But I've hardly seen you!' And so far that was the deepest emotion I've seen from Vicki--more moments like that please. It was convincing that between Clint's troubles and Todd's unexpected departure, Vicki looked drained and gutted, all at once.

Looks like RH reigned in his performances on this 2.0 version. I appreciate the understated quality of this iteration of Todd. Some very effective and affecting scenes with Blair, Vicki, Dani and even Téa. Jack and that handshakelaugh.png

On a superficial note, I'm glad Dorian seems to have gotten out from under those wigs. Her own 'do is far better.

Is it wrong of me to have been expecting a fight between Bo and Clint?tongue.png

Those scenes between Matthew, Destiny and Michelle over Drew were pretty good.ohmy.png I wasn't annoyed by LH as I often can be. As for Matthew, it was not a good look for him not to have told Michelle about the fact that he has a son, especially seeing as they've become intimate (physically anyway) and he's trying to convince her of how much he cares for her. Not a good look at all.

Interesting though how in one moment, Matthew's telling Michelle how nothing is as important to him as her, then the next moment when Destiny mentioned that something was terribly wrong with Drew, Matthew forgot all about ole Michelle and rushed to his son. That shows me that at least for today, Matthew's priorities are where they should be.

Those were pretty good scenes.

Is the relationship between Natalie and Cutter going to be characterized by misunderstandings, crossed signals and faux pas? Looks like Natalie made an assumption and a misguided one. Wonder what next conversation between her and Cutter will be like?

Who's watching Liam?

• Members

Liam has been seen exactly twice, briefly, and barely mentioned since. But yes, on top of her minuscule airtime, Natalie appears to be a crappy mom and a crappy -casual girlfriend? Was I supposed to be outraged that she yelled at her casual bed partner? Oh, the drama.

Would anyone including viewers notice or care if Natalie was gone? That's how unimportant she is. Even when she's on, there's no discussion of her scenes because they're largely throwaway.

Selfishly, because I want to see more of her, I do hope MA leaves if another opportunity comes up. Perhaps a TV soap where they might actually, you now, put her on.

• Members

They were good scenes and the chemistry between Gorrie and Harrier is undeniable (at least in my eyes). I'm guessing that won't happen, but I always like their scenes. Michelle is starting to creep me out. I wonder if she's going to go psycho central.

• Members

I see it too- and have been pretty blown away by their chem from the earliest eps. I wanted a little less reality show, a little more Matthew & Destiny at the hospital (maybe next week). I mostly like LH and even though she is green, I think she always delivers on Destiny's reactions to being in the same room with Matthew. I don't know if it will full blown happen (and I think he has solid chemistry with KM too and may just be one of those chemistry magnets) but I think at some point we'll get some kind of something with them. RG has mentioned their chemistry in interviews, Allison Goodman talked about it on MORE, JP might have tweeted something awhile back- so I don't get the sense that the show plans to not use it in some capacity.

Archived