• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved that this reveal came shortly after that sweet Jeffrey/Viki scene where she let him kiss her on the cheek. For me, that made the reveal pack maximum punch to the reveal.

I agree, of course he's going to be redeemable if Corbin is willing to stay beyond the original contract. But I do hope he's not a total puppet for this Carl Petersen and does some bad stuff in his own right.

That's like on par with finding out the truth about Santa Claus. Your mind must have been blown.

• Members

Oh, it was terrifying for me. I thought she'd just lost her mind (which she had, obviously, but I didn't know the details at that time). I'd never, ever expected to see her like that - to me she was (and still is) the pillar of grace and integrity.

It seems clear the Jeffrey twist was laid in well in advance by the original writers. I just wish the rest of the show and this plotline hadn't been inching along so much up til now. You could've laid in a lot more suspense and action for Bo, Natalie, the Todds, their ladies, the LPD, etc. around this before now - look at AMC and how they moved along Jesse, Zach and Lea going after the Koslovs. That story is still ongoing but they got [!@#$%^&*] moving. Not to say you should've blown the lid off Jeffrey before now, but you could've had people get onto a couple more bad guys or leads. I think they can actually salvage the tattoo storyline very, very well with this in the future - months of Jeffrey and presumably Peterson on the loose, causing trouble - because finally they have an angle that is not about the Todds or some dayplayers. I just hope the new writers don't radically alter whatever was planned for Jeffrey, because it is a genius move which finally gets OLTL kicking again, IMO.

• Members

It is now called the Paley Center, but it used to be called MT&R. They have a list online of what is in their collection, so you know what to ask for when you arrive, which will give you more time to watch as they limit it.

• Members

Oh, yes, I recall the list. I'll have to go look it up again. I didn't realize it and the Paley Center were one and the same.

greens, I do hope you've seen the 1968 episode that's on YouTube. Gillian Spencer's not there, but Anna Wolek, Meredith Lord, Victor Sr., Cathy Craig and Sadie Gray are. And the Llanfair library, which really has barely changed after all these years.

• Members

To start with the bad: This Destiny is just painful. Those scenes with Drew in the hospital were unwatchable. There was no hiding her lack of talent in those scenes. I really hope for a recast for the next run of filming. You need a strong actor for a role like that. Now onto the good: Todd's exit. I don't understand this tattoo [!@#$%^&*], but Kassie DePaiva and Roger Howarth were EVERYTHING in those final scenes. The thing I'm most disappointed about, is not the lack of Todd/Blair, but that we won't be able to see Todd with Dani or Viki. Those exits just reminded me how good he is with those actors and how we didn't get to experience much of that. I never cared about Dani until nuOLTL, so things like this are now important to me. I don't look forward to a climax for this Dani/Arturo story with no Todd around.

The scenes with David and Rama were surprisingly cute. I love everything about David and Dorian and the people they interact with. It's unexpected since they weren't important on OLTL for the past 10 years, but I love it. I didn't love Dorian believing Jack about Kate. Instead of the Jeffrey reveal, I would've preferred having a similar reveal for Kate. I need her to be attached to this tattoo thing for me to REALLY care about that story. Speaking of Jeffrey, I thought that was a big clunky. I wish they had put the tattoo somewhere else. It didn't feel organic to me, but it could be because I read spoilers.

• Members

I'm just relying on actual dialogue and scenes, Vee.

First, he lied about sincerely trying for a real truce. Viki saw through his BSing in their Angel Square scenes. But, Blair bought his BS and oddly so did Victor. Then Todd hid why Victor attacked him because he didn't want Blair to learn his truce for the sake of the kids talk had been BS.

It was MORE than crystal clear in the ACTUAL dialogue and scenes Todd keeping his secrets and lying to Blair. It's why he made all his phone calls to his hired gun behind her back.

Todd: My guy is at Willow Lake

Blair: Does he even know where it is?

Todd: Yeah. He said if Victor's there he'll find him within the hour.

Blair: But what if he's not there?

Todd: Then we'll find him. We'll keep looking. Someone has to call Téa.

Blair: Ok, I'll do that.

Todd: That would be great b/c I don't think she wants to hear it from me.

Blair: Well, can you blame her really?

Todd: I'm NOT trying to kill Victor.

Blair: I believe you. This time.

After Blair leaves, Todd called his hired gun Robert back and said:

Todd: Hey, Robert, it's me. Listen. forget what I said before. You find Victor, you call me. Before WE KILL him, I'm going to need to see him.

In the earlier off-screen phone call, Todd had secretly ordered Robert earlier to assassinate Victor on sight, then LIED to Blair's face about these orders. In this follow up call, Todd isn't changing his mind about intending to KILL Victor. That makes no sense as there's no need for Todd to reiterate his plan to kill Victor here except to clue us the audience in he's secretly plotting. This is Todd 101 here. Reveal to the audience he's got a secret game plan going.

Plus, this phone call harks back to the earlier Todd/Téa/Blair scenes where Todd tells Téa he needs answers from Victor. So it hits Todd he needs to interrogate Victor first. THEN they'll proceed as planned and kill him.

This week's episodes made clear again Todd been secretly plotting behind Blair's back. PP had taken great pains to show Todd sharing all previous tattoo org notes with Blair, but not this one. Why do you think that is, Vee?

Because this note holds Victor's location and Todd clearly doesn't want Blair to suspect he knows this information nor admit to her he does intend on carrying out orders and killing Victor. Todd left to secretly kill Victor, just as he planned at Willow Lake.

Now if RH and TSJ agree to return someday, they could write it Todd rescued his twin and they teamed up. But as of today, the story winds up at the beginning. Despite Blair's objection, Todd secretly resolves to murder his twin. The main difference is Todd looks crucified by this decision because he's lived with her and the kids hate once already for killing Victor. He feels damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't and that's more layered storytelling than RC's campy mess. But it's still Todd HIDING his murderous intent from Blair and fooling her.

But hey, if next week Blair somehow reveals she knows all about this last note and was in on his plotting, I'll gladly admit I'm wrong. Until then... the onscreen scenes back me up she's left clueless again, and once more fooling herself he's changed to be totally honest with her.

As for GH events, I never bought into RC's Todd swearing undying love to Carly. But, it was obvious to anyone with eyes and ears, including KDP, RC had no intention of reuniting T&B. KDP nailed it RC was chipping away at T&B each visit and the goal was LW/RH paired up. I'm surprised anyone can seriously debate otherwise after the recent Carly & Franco force-feeding.

• Members

My problems with Todd aside, I've always been a fan of RH/ES scenes. ES brings out the best in RH's acting. I'm disappointed PP wasted them as badly as RC did. That was really wasted potential. PP is guilty of a lot of that with RH and TSJ both, IMO.

As for Todd & Dani, he settled for trying to buy her love and she warmed up a bit to him, but then he pretty much ignored her. I'm glad she re-bonded with her mom in some very touching scenes as KM/FL are so naturally wonderful together. I want to see Téa's reaction to Arturo preying on her kid.

I honestly think AT's Jack was the most short-changed when it comes to RH's time. There was no progress forward with Todd and Jack whatsoever and once again Jack's feelings didn't matter when Blair was intent on chasing after her man. The whole T&B/Jack conflict was solid setup but PP wasted it.

• Members

Oh you're right! They completely dropped the ball on Jack/Todd. It's like the story went in a completely different direction now that we have this stuff with Kate. It was more interesting before we knew what was going on with Jack.

The good thing about Viki is that she still works just as well as a lead character as she does as a supporting character. This is why I miss her having more family around. I don't mean Jessica, but Kevin and Joey would be perfect. Both have Kelly in common and I wouldn't mind seeing Aubrey back as well, which would give Cutter a family member and Terri Conn fit in well in a poorly written role. I'd love to see what she'd do with better writing.

Another character that I'm LOVING is Jo Sullivan. I wonder what the long term plan is for her. She fits in well enough that I'd like to see her become a long term character.

• Members

Aubrey was only good when she came on as a gold digging manipulative bitch. She got ruined when they watered her down and had her thirsty for Rex. She was such a sanctimonious cow to Cutter and came across highly annoying. There was nothing about them worth revisiting in any capacity

• Members

I'm so confused, but I remember now that Kim is Cutter's real sister. I wouldn't mind them recasting Kim either. I thought she was a surprisingly great character, but I see Nikki filling that void now. I want her to get more screentime as well.

Archived