AMC: Week Of July 8, 2013 Discussion

• Members

Whoa I just said it was a quieter week than some other- not a bad week & I don't agree the show is in any kind of summer slump or felt choppy this week at all. How is the show "pushing cancellation?" They just got a TV deal. They likely got overwhelmed production-wise and cut the episodes down to cut costs & give everyone some breathing room- I really at this point don't believe it was with cancellation as the ultimate plan.

I want PP to do what they can afford & what will make the shows feasible for them to keep running. If that's 50 minutes, I will adjust & be fine with that. Yesterday, you accused any of us who posted anything was not "Jesse and Angie #1 forever" of being Frons supporters. But you're the one constantly saying the show is on the edge of cancellation & has all these problems instead of seeing the hugely positive aspects that many of us see about the show that is only 10 weeks in. You constantly ask us why we hate Jesse and are anti-Jesse (which we aren't) but really it seems like you're anti-AMC & want cancellation if its not Jesse & Angie happy and on your terms.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could live with three a week. I assume if OWN decides to do more episodes after their Summer batch, they may hike up the weekly count (though I am not sure what rules Hulu has--if any--about how much in advance they get to air them.)

Ha it's true, Ian and Gaby aren't really needed, but it does seem odd (I know Bianca mentioned Gaby but for the life of me I can't remember what she said about her.)

I don't think these are sliced and cut, really. And last week, for me was far from a slump--your predictions are awfully fatalistic :P

• Members

I think a lot of people feel this way about David. I know I do too. I have moments when I want to slap that smug smirk right off of his face, and other times I want to stand up and cheer because he pointed out someone else's hypocrisy in a much-needed sort of way. Honestly, I feel the same way about Erica and Adam too - sometimes I absolutely adore them and other times I want to yell at them for being so absolutely ridiculous. That ability to inspire love and hate makes them enduring characters. For me personally Jesse isn't in that same category, but I don't despise him or want him out of town or anything. I reserve that kind of dislike for Dixie. ;)

• Members

Wrong, wrong, wrong you are here. My very own thoughts have absolutely nothing to do with my Jesse and Angie at all. It is an overall thought, that's all.

Thoughts and opinions are not designed to be "backed up", instead they are ideas to be debated on, discussed to varying degrees by individuals alone and not necessarily a peer pressure thing to go along to get along to be in a group.

• Members

I never get tired of reading poster postings because at times they are all repetitous and mundane and say the same thing with the same thoughts and that is just freedom of expression to which I respect. That is what makes a world go around and around.

Vee: I respect your postings, regardless.

• Members

Jesse Hubbard is an Agnes Nixon creation, one of her babies. He is a Major Core Legacy Legend character and VERY enduring.

In fan focus groups, the 3 characters they wanted back on AMC were Jesse, Angie and Greenlee and so Agnes Nixon always wanted Jesse to be alive in Pine Valley. So, therefore she said why not and so he and Angie were brought back in 2008. As long as Agnes Nixon has her hands in the PP run of the show, Jesse is not going anywhere.

Darnell Williams, brilliantly has portrayed Jesse Hubbard to take home 2 Emmy's, BOTH Lead Actor and Supporting Actor with nominations also. He is the 2nd AA Actor to recieve an Emmy for Lead Actor and the ONLY AA actor to win both lead and supporting and I thank Agnes Nixon for bringing Jesse Hubbard to life in a magnificent way. She proved that she hired the right actor for the right part.

I love All My Children. I love the character of Jesse Hubbard. I love and admire Agnes Nixon and I am a lifetime supporter of Darnell Williams and Debbi Morgan.

Debbi has said she could not do AMC without Darnell and I am with her entirely.

• Members

You do realize that no one actually said they want Jesse to go anywhere, right? Some of us just want him to learn from some pretty big, pretty recent mistakes and treat Angie like an equal rather than keeping secrets and sneaking around and lying to her.

Archived