Paula Deen

Eric83

• Members

Sure she's not an out and out racist. She's just some fun loving old woman who wanted to have a group of middle-aged black men dress up in a manner to make her feel as if she were running the plantation and them good ole slave days were still in effect.

Keep kidding yourselves about her not being a racist...or is not being an out an out racist just being a tad bit racist like a woman being a little pregnant?

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More ignorance....

http://whitepeoplemadatfoodnetwork.tumblr.com/

tumblr_mp0w4x36vB1swl9y6o1_400.png

tumblr_mozkvaeeyv1swl9y6o1_500.png

tumblr_mp0kf9MRhM1swl9y6o1_500.png

tumblr_mp0fs6OINf1swl9y6o1_500.png

tumblr_mp2duxxn8K1swl9y6o1_500.png

Did this dumbass really compare a racist to a child murdered by another racist?

tumblr_mn6f1lkwk31ss8oplo1_500.gif

And LOL @ these uneducated hicks thinking the only thing Paula did was say the N word once 30 years ago. Things like this bring out the best and WORST in America. Funny to see these undercovers expose themselves.

• Members

People do make mistakes, do bad things, or act in a certain way and it doesn't necessarily define them.

Is using the n word wrong? Yes! Is it a racist remark? Yes. Is a "plantation theme wedding" extraordinarily offensive? Most definitely. But does it make her a racist? I'm not so quick to say.

Yes, those are racist/ignorant remarks and ideas. But that does not mean she is a racist person. We have all done or said things in our past that could be labeled a certain way, but it does not define our entire entity. When I was a young teen some friends and I stole shot glasses from a store, that doesn't mean we are serious criminals. I've smoked plenty of pot in my life, but I'm not a druggy. I love to drink but I'm not a drunk.

I'm in NO way excusing what she said and did. I'm simply saying that moments of ignorance do not necessarily define a person and their feelings/views entirely.

Paula Deen may very well be a racist, however until I have seen more concrete and consistent evidence that these ideas/actions are a consistent part of her life, I'm not ready to label her as some huge bigot.

• Members
You know at this point...you can make all the veiled judgments you like about my character. I have empathy for Paula Deen. If you really are calling people out for being ignorant, than do something to help them understand your point. Because some of you sound a little superior. I've read the responses to my posts, you've judged me or tried to shame me about something I am questioning for the sake of understanding. We're probably on the same side, but if you have to...Block me, it won't shock me. You're probably saving me the extra key stroke. I'm not a troll as somebody named "London" pointed out, they tend to lurk and antagonize people for the fun of it (easily could be said about some of you too). I've done nothing but been upfront with who I am. And lastly thank you Marceline for the legal documents, I will read them.

• Members

I respect your opinion. And you are right she will have her day in court for all of this to be proved. But IMO seeing slick things she has said and done over the years none of these accusations surprise me and I am inclined to believe them. However it is just me, there is nothing wrong with wanting more concrete evidence.

• Members
I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but I hope it was not. :(

I'll add this much more-

I believe Paula is guilty of more than saying the N word once 30 years ago. She admitted that much in her testimony. All I was saying was that a few moments of EXTREMELY racist thoughts/actions do not necessarily mean she is a racist. While these ideas and actions may be ignorant, to me it's not enough to say I think she is a bigot, or that she dislikes African American individuals, or that she idealizes slavery.

I think she made ignorant comments and acted stupidly. To me, there is a difference. And until we learn more about this, that is where I stand.

• Members

YAWN. You came up in here trying to compare fictional soap characters to Paula Deen and questioning our morality. Nobody is judging you . I don't see how you could have empathy for that big butter ball racist but that's your right. You are trying to put words in people's mouths and get mad that we didn't agree with you said. You have not lived the same experiences as all of us which could be apart of why some posters feel a different way than you. You can post over and over again how sorry you feel for Paula or how we are being quick to judge but it's still not going to change my stance that she is a racist bitch.

How do I sound superior? Those people are ignorant and I don't have time to engage in an internet battle with people who probably never even finished high school but think they are superior to all minorities. I just posted it to show how sad it is that there are people out here thinking it's not a big deal and the ONLY thing she did was use the N word in 1986 when it is MUCH MUCH more than that.

• Members

I have not really seen the slick things she has said/done over the years, and maybe you know more than I do. I have been a casual viewer of hers for years, nothing more. You may be completely right about her. I'm just approaching it differently than most, based on what I've read. You all may very well prove me wrong. Only time will tell.

• Members

NOOOO!!!! I was talking about the people on those Facebook comments I posted. I respect you and your opinion. I am not saying it's wrong to give Paula the benefit of the doubt there are just some people out here right out telling people to get over it and that it is not a big deal. The ignorance I have seen this past week is truly sad. But once again that comment was not directed at you or anyone here.

This is one of the things that rubbed me the wrong way but YMMV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0svowr0QYQY

• Members

This is why I enjoy posting with you- We can be on total opposite sides and still very respectful and tactful.

That video did actually rub me the wrong way, too. I think the TMZ man may be on to something there. I fear Paula is less "racist" and more just "ignorant". Which is worse, I suppose is anyone's guess.

• Members

I'm not mad. But the way you just responded to Mr. Vixen, where I sense no hostility in what you wrote vs. abating my response with a YAWN, really? I think that's disrespectful. Also, so what if I asked people how they view pop culture (a soap opera, I also mentioned sitcoms and movies) with objectivity vs. real life, and I get shot down for that. This is initially a soap board, I get it this is the "non-soap" aside, I'll have to remember it's more contained.

• Members

Because it's not real life. What does the allegations with Paula Deen have to do with a script a writer writes? I just felt you tried to say we were hypocrites for liking characters that commit crimes on soaps yet think PD is in the wrong and should be punished. One has nothing to do with the other.

And I will apologize for coming off rude. I don't think it's right to disrespect other posters and I did use to harsh of language in my response to you, but as soon as you got responses you proclaimed it was "four against one". I am not against you, I just have a difference of opinion. I seriously fail to get your logic. It doesn't make it wrong, it just means I don't get it. I just don't see what relevance television has to do with Paula Deen romanticizing slavery and letting her meth head brother run wild in her restaurant.

But again, I apologize. Feel free to speak your mind.

------------------------------------------

No words for these:

tumblr_mox9xuENF21swl9y6o1_500.png

tumblr_mox7k6Cc8N1swl9y6o1_500.png

tumblr_mox6i27Tgu1swl9y6o1_500.png

tumblr_mox5vi9Wwj1swl9y6o1_400.png

^^^^^^^^^^^ And with this post I am done looking at these ignorant FB posts. This man/woman/creature called this a lynching. A LYNCHING! SMDH.

Archived