Prospect Park in a Labor Dispute Over All My Children?

• Members

The people who think this is going to "fold any day" have been dreary little rainclouds from the beginning and regardless whether these shows fold this year or ten years from now they will see it as confirmation of their viewpoint. Every hitch, hiccup and rumor has them rubbing their hands together, salivating at the thought that they will get to say "I told you so."

ETA: Yikes Rhino, you know the planet is off its axis when we practically type the same thing. LOL!

It's not that deep. Some people really are that stupid. Not just soap fans. Look at any TV show's FB page and you see a bunch of people with poor critical thinking skills. I consider The Good Wife to be one of the smarter shows on TV but the idiocy on their FB page would make a killer out of Gandhi.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just to be clear, I don't think they're going to fold, nor have I stopped watching, but I can see how others would. I know when I find out a show I like has been canceled that I won't rush to watch it. In fact, with these shows I've been waiting to the weekend to watch now that there's only two episodes. I don't think it's unreasonable for casual fans to worry when all they see are negative headlines I could definitely see them thinking it might not last long and deciding to let the episodes build before they wanted them. I actually waited over a year to watch the final week of As the World Turns.

Archived