Prospect Park in a Labor Dispute Over All My Children?

• Members

Unless you actually have a copy of the contract in front of you or the union's complaint in front of you, the article is the best source.

It makes total sense that the contract language could say per episode -- that's why the union has what appears to be a good case.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No compllaint has been filed. The union is looking at the books for AMC. The Wrap just jumps to conclusions.

Also all the soap actors have said they dont film episodes in order so I dont need to see contract language and the crews know how these soaps r filmed. So I dont think If 125,000 per day is how they go, the union would care

Well PP did say that they have not gone over 100k

• Members

Filming out of order is irrelevant to having a budget per episode. You can film scenes from 10 episodes out of order and still have a budget for each episode. But I agree it's important that no complaint or grievance appears to have been filed that we know of.

• Members

Right I bet that rumors got round that AMC was over budget and the union said we heard X can we see the books & according to the wrap, they are reviewing them. I seriously doubt AMC spent more than 125k a day or episode.

• Members

contracts with talent are usually per episode, not day of work. filming out of order doesnt change that.

I thought the same for crew for some reason, but that isnt true. One of the ways DAYS is able to stay in budget is their reduced film time and not having to pay not only the crew, but everyone invovled bts, i think.

this is interesting, and does seem minor, but damn PP has had more drama BTS than on screen.

• Members

LOL. I wouldn't go that far. But it seems they are under an incredible amount of scrutiny. I wonder if every potential infraction the labor union is investigating at this time is being reported to the media and receiving so much press. I have to believe stuff like this comes up every day on a lot of projects and isn't reported. Every decision, every change, every misstep seems to be explosive with this project.

• Members

I posted this in the AMC thread, but first of all I think this involves both soaps and not just AMC. It's similar to how some news articles will talk about AMC's return and then throw in one sentence saying "Oh yeah One Love To Keep is back too..." As for this labor dispute, I think it's possible this is true. Vincent Irizarry said they filmed 47 episodes in a time period they were supposed to film 70 episodes. If that's true, then they HAVE invalidated their agreement because they would've spent almost double to product half the episodes in the time period they promised. Just like all of their other blunders, the problem isn't what they do, but how they do it. Everything they do makes them look stupid and makes these shows look like a failure. There was nothing but positive press and it's like they're BEGGING us to stop watching by making everybody think this could fold anyday. They need to live by "fake it until you make it." We understand it's a start up, but you still need to roll out your plans better. They've ruined a deal with FX Canada which was more money in their pocket, they're fighting with ABC and now they have a labor dispute. It's just draining keeping up with these soaps.

• Members

I wonder if there are "moles" from ABC infesting PP to make life hell for them??? Does ABC really want AMC and OLTL back and are trying to do everything they can to get PP to surrender the shows back to them?? Something is going on because for so many things to be happening so soon, just makes me wonder. There seems to be more here that is meeting the eyes of the viewers and the drama behind the drama is fascinating. What is coming up next? IDK.

• Members

I see the same press releases and not once have I thought they're 'going to fold any day' and a need to not watch over it. I think the only ones doing that have been from the beginning LOOKING for reasons not to watch calling it a failure.

I'm rooting for it and will keep watching as long as they're putting out episodes. This 'sky is falling' every time someone sees a new press release that blows the tiniest thing out of proportion is getting old.

• Members

I've often felt ABC has interns posting that ridiculous crap on FB and other boards not being able to find the 'hula' network and 'I can't afford a computer or internet so I can't watch despite the fact I found my way to THIS part of the internet to type this drivel.'

It also feels like some kind of sabatoge. But again as along as they're airing eps I'm watching. I don't feel the shows are going away or there's foul play amidst. I guess I'm just one of the 'PP cult'. RME

• Members

LOL. Ok. I've seen some posters positively begging people not to watch and forecasting gloom and doom over everything that happens, rubbing their hands with glee in anticipation of inevitable failure. And perhaps the press hasn't been totally supportive. But I've never gotten any indication from PP that they plan to fold.

Archived