GH50: Week of May 20...

• Members

Kiki rolleyes.gif Can't believe Ron and Frank fought so hard to keep KA. She is awful. Her and Morgan rolleyes.gif Morgan is a dumbass.

Silas rolleyes.gif This character is different from John... how? ME sure as hell isn't switching things up, other than he's acting more comatose than ever. And man, he looks awful.

Lucy giving the Stephen Clay tour rolleyes.gif WTF?

Milo having a front burner story laugh.png

I actually enjoyed Carly today though. ph34r.png

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure what's worse. Pukeki or Todd's (that's right, Todd) hair! They may be equally putrid.

KA is failing as hard as she trying. She really sucks, severely! The character is unnecessarily vile and the only edge KA has is that chin!

Ava can go!

Silas can go and take Sam with him! How long has it been and it still looks like KeMo holding a kid as opposed to Sam with her baby? Some things can't be forced no matter how hard we try!

Would love more Carly/Liz. That was funny.

AJ gets hotter by the eppy!

I would give my left tit to have FRon far away from this show!!!!!

• Members

It's not even a role. It's an idea. "Let's make a character who isn't Starr. Okay! Dye Kristen's hair! Okay! Let's make her not nice, Kristen is super nice! Okay!". That's all it is.

Cartini or Frank and Ron, whatever, don't create characters, they create ideas and then apply plot points to them.

• Members

I think by "Cartini" standards it's a role (the bitch who will likely be redeemed via love of a good man), but I agree it's just thrown together crap to try to be anti-Starr.

What it feels like to me is one of those very rich people who keeps putting their friends or family into movies, whether they fit or not. It's one thing if you're a billionaire paying everything your way and you need people to see your niece Emilene because you're convinced she's going to be a star, but foisting this on a public who already pretty much said they did not want this is just arrogant.

• Members

I really like Milo and I dont mind the show giving him more story because its appropriate story for the character. Using him in this Lulu storyline works for me, but I dont think he should be the next leading man. He does work best in small doses and randomly popping up.

KA looks great with the darker hair. No real opinion on Kiki yet, or Morgan for that matter.

MWs character I just already dont care about.

While I am liking GH overall right now, im not really invested in anything except for Nik/Liz/AJ.

• Members

I gave Kiki a chance because I thought her first day was okay, and her hair is so much better than it's been in years, but I just can't with this. It's obvious Kiki is just the jaded dupe for her mother, the little lost girl with a heart of gold, and that RH will be the 'real' Franco for some ridiculous reason and be playing her father again and they'll just slip right back into the same routine which is not nearly as charming when it's two all-new characters. That's beyond forced and I can't have it. And Kristen is simply not good enough, or the writing isn't, to make the character rise above what is obviously coming down the pike to soften her up into Starr 2.0. She's already kind of lame.

Scenes with RH and Dr. Silas on the docks - I mean, was that not the most insane [!@#$%^&*] any of us have ever seen? Not only did they transplant three OLTL actors but now they've all got makeovers and entirely new roles and are enmeshed in their own scenes and soon, their own storylines? What is going on here? This whole thing with the three of them is basically a nightmarish version of something like the legendary Stefan/Katherine Stephen Nichols/Mary Beth Evans debacle of the '90s - they're literally forcing a totally new version of the same characters and relationships down our throats, except it's even more insulting here because it all happened on the same show with at least three different sets of people. RH's "Franco" will be played with LW, Silas with Sam and Starr Kiki - I just [!@#$%^&*] typed Starr first - with Michael. Whatever you want to call that it is insane.

And the thing is the only one who I think has a shot of really working long-term is maybe RH, because of the Quartermaine connection and the possibility of him playing some sort of weird artist. I still think he's hewing waaayyyy too close to Todd in his performance to be particularly interesting (and ME and KA are doing far worse, with ME at the bottom by far), but he tried to amp up the spookiness a little yesterday and last week. And I just - I like the idea of him somehow being a Quartermaine and sharing time with Maura West, who finally clicked yesterday in her scenes with JE/Tracy and can be a great villainess - I think using the Jeromes is inspired and she is killing it, at least she was yesterday - but I think about them putting RH back with LW and all I can see is the same thing happening all over again when it was only barely working on behalf of their performances and not the poor writing when it was Todd and Carly, and now with a new character I only see it coming off as just as forced and insulting as the Michael/Kiki/Morgan and Silas/Sam stuff is. Especially Silas and Sam, which is just painful to watch and laughable anytime anyone says his name. They could not be trying harder with that and it is a hot mess. I'd sooner see Sam with RH.

God, what a mess. I've already commented on Lucy being demeaned into becoming a 'wacky' tour guide when she's been a cosmetics tycoon for decades, and how it wasn't worth the one-episode gag - nor do I think Lucy would ever profit from her friend's death like that. And Morgan - who exactly is this character? What is he about? He was raised by Jax and was a sweet, sweet kid - what does he want? Is he for or against Sonny, against Carly, what is he like? All I hear is him snarking at everyone.

• Members

As happy as I am to see Maura West again, the combination of being so thin and having an immobile face made some of her reactions to Tracy, especially when she was trying to charm/threaten, look like a cross between Popeye and Fire Marshal Bill.

Ron and Frank are very clever in that they know a lot of fans will eat up anything that Howarth or Easton do - we are now at the point where Easton doesn't even bother to make eye contact in some scenes, he is barely even in the scene, and he can sometimes wear prank glasses and look like Gig Young's secretary in That Touch of Mink, but he's still going to be praised, because he's Michael Easton.

Morgan mostly seems like a generic piece of ass, but, again, this is clever, because a lot of fans will put up with a bad actor in a non-role if they want to have sex with him. They're also doing the Guza fakeout, which a lot people still don't seem to get, which is having someone bluster about the wicked ways of Sonny and Carly, making fans act like this is something hilarious or shocking, and he's sure telling them, when he's actually just further cementing their role on the canvas.

Laura Wright's too tan.

I don't know what to say about Lucy.

Kristen Alderson's bad girl acting seems to involve a Gary Coleman impression.

Archived