OLTL: Thursday, May 02, 2013 Episode Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh they do not deserve to be in the same sentence as Todd/Rebecca. I am a T&B fan for life but I loved the Rebecca story when it happened. My very first OLTL episode was Todd coming to get blind Nora so that is my era. Still not over that horrible return of Powell and fake Rebecca. It could have been epic. Sigh. And now that I'm thinking of the mid 90s, RJ Gannon would fit right in at Shelter.

Own that Max and Gabrielle love! Its not like you're saying you want the Santis back. I think we'll see Max again at some point. Just a feeling. Wish they hadn't killed Al.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, what a great Thursday episode! Loved Tea telling Victor about their baby and what happened to their baby! Loved the tension over whether to use the quote Dorian gave. And loved Rama and Vimal's open marriage agreement -- it somehow seemed to make sense and not just seem like a show trying to be "edgy"! Hope to see more of Vimal, he seems like a nice character with a deep love for Rama and I hope he won't be completely sidelined.

And then that cliffhanger -- someone is spying on Victor.

This show is really hitting all the right notes for me - mystery, humor, drama, and relevance.

Kudos to writer Marin Gazzaniga for another great episode. I think she's the script writer so far compared to Alex Douglas.

• Members

I don't like that the recaps are being counted as part of the episode counts. Id prefer if More AMC and More OLTL were treated as separate series with their own episode counts.

Ireene: "You are my son, my beloved Victor" as she looks at him with affection. Turns away, looks at Todd and goes "And you are Todd" with a look of contempt and disgust laugh.png

Just a minor nitpick, but the host of More OLTL referenced Matthew as Viki's nephew and he isn't. Not even by marriage as Clint and Viki were divorced long before Matthew was born. Not even through Ben as he was gone by the time Matthew's paternity came out. Matthew was never raised with Viki in his life as part of his family

Erika Slezak didn't give much hope for Clint/Viki sad.png. I hope they stay together

The EP confirms that Matthew has been aged up to 21, which should be the same for Destiny and Dani. So the parents aged 3 years, yet baby Drew isn't 3 years...lol. Jack hasn't been aged so Dani who was a year older than him before is now about 4 years older.

Overall good first episode. Only thing I didn't care for was the fashion show

Ive been posting my thoughts here but where should commentary on the recap shows go? Thursday's thread, Production thread or should a separate thread just for them?

• Members

Vimal works at Buchanan Enterprises, so we should be seeing him working with Clint eventually.

When it comes to the views, I wonder if part of it isn't because AMC has a bigger name than OLTL and more lapsed viewers who are gave up on the show versus OLTL who had more watching at the end tuning in to see what is it like.

• Members

Oh I am! It's not easy all the time--given I'm the only one who really talks about it--but I pretty much accepted the fact that I would never see them again once the show left ABC. This gives me a second chance I never thought I would have.

In a way, I hope Carlo Hesser has Gabrielle and Al or something. Given that she went to prison when he was 4 after Carlo threatened his life (and she wouldn't implicate Carlo because of this), I could see something happening where he got ahold of them again.

And the thought of Max confronting Carlo over what he forced Gabrielle to do for their son so many years ago...makes me ridiculously happy. biggrin.png

I don't give up easily is what I'm saying here, I guess laugh.png .

• Members

No Erika's statement I felt was something like Clint will mess up and they will break up but they've gotten back together so many times that eventually they will get back together not that she knows what will happen now.

Archived