MTV: RuPaul's Drag Race

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My question is, regardless of who the finale makes up, how will they film it? I haven’t seen anything and it’s typically a live finale with two lipsyncs that help decide the winner. How will they do that if California is shut down?

Also I just wanna way Gigi is so underwhelming. No personality and all of her looks blend into each other. She is a look queen so I expect her to get praised for that, but she gets a pass for everything else. How has she managed to survive being in the bottom the past few week?! It’s insane. 

• Members

Gigi in the bottom for the stand up show? The flight to hell skit was funny and her Color Purple runway was fine.

After the edit being Team Gigi back when she won Snatch Game, it seemed to turn against her. I thought her commercial was fine but everybody slammed it.

I like Jaida but she presents beautiful glamour runway week after week. She does it well but there's no camp or quirk to her looks. Her standup was awful.

• Members

@Paul Raven Her stand up was fine, but underwhelming to me. Her fashion is the typical new young queen look that bores me. It's put together yes, but week after week I feel it's predictable. For Gigi it's more the previous weeks I feel she's done poorly, not so much stand up week. And the difference between Jaida and Gigi for me is that Jaida has personality and is likable. So was Heidi, despite not having a polished look. Gigi just comes off like a vacant Miss Game/Aquaria to me. I feel like had she been in a more competitive season she wouldn't have made it as far. 

• Members

I like Gigi too and thought her stand-up was way better than I expected it to be, given how the show previewed her stumbling. But who was it who did her puppet in the mini-challenge? They clocked her for falling back on her robot schtick after the Snatch Game success.

I love Jaida as well, and she would be a deserving winner at the end. Her stand-up was terrible, even accounting for the fact that Sherry screwed her over by running long. (Just a cringeworthy concept.) All in all, I think I somewhat agree with Ru that this has been a somewhat strong season.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Despite Jaidas bad one woman show, she still looked absolutely flawless on the runway and that lip sync was AMAZING.

Ru truly loved Heidi, we’ve never seen him give a goodbye speech as long as the one he gave her. She will definitely be on the next All Stars, he and the producers won’t pass that up.

• Members

Agreed. She was impressing me for awhile, but then it all became the same, and he's hyped himself up to be this perfectionist who can never do no wrong, but he's not living up to his own expectations, nor mine. 

I loved Heidi's goodbye speech. Miss Congeniality for sure! If nothing else, she could always take over doing the voiceover of the old man on Family Guy who's always lusting after Chris Griffin, lol 

Jaida Essence Hall for the win! (P.S. he's pretty cute as a dude!) 

• Members

I would bet on Jaida. She’s more consistent, professional, and well-rounded than Gigi and Crystal. 

Jackie was robbed. I would have loved to see her compete. She offered such a fun, unique perspective, and I thought her lip syncs were fabulous. Like Michelle said, she was Gilda Radner.

It’s all shameful because Sherry, in spite of being a disgusting creep and an awful human being, was very talented. (That save when she flubbed her line in the one-woman show: “I just had a horrible stroke and none of you did anything about it!” Hilarious.)