Y&R: April 2013 Discussion Thread

• Members

What happened to the CK posts? Anyway, if that tweet is how CK really feels, then she needs to put in tons of effort into looking for another job. Given JFP's rep, CK should have gone with the flow in her contract negotiations. However, JG is writing tons for Lily with Tyler at the moment.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

More like Jason Quartermaine 2.0. After years of insisting that he would never play Jason Q again, it does make me chuckle that there Burton is playing the exact same role that he despised.

Okay, thanks. CK has held onto that role for years\. She got it back from a better actress. I'll believe that she is gone when I see it.

• Members

Oh, okay thanks.

I swear if Y&R could've brought 1/10th of the drama that surrounds the backstage dynamics of this show in front of the cameras, this show would be hot again.

Wait, what am I saying...this show has EXACTLY 1/10th of the drama it used to have when it was a hot show!

• Members
The Winters always rather boring. A black Y&R mini-soap with four characters in an endless quadrangle for almost twenty years. But nobody cared because we liked this group.

Dru's death is not the only problem. Neil has been involved in endless failed relationships (Why wasn't he never paired with Phyllis or Sharon? Everyone else was - however I like him with Leslie -who should have been cast as Lily but that's another story), Lily has been trapped in an untouchable marriage with a much older man and two unneeded kids and Devon (who is for no reason a Chancellor now) has no personality or real romance. As a matter of fact Devon is the only young man ever on a soap that has been dating a young girl for years with no story at all. They just appear together from time to time to remind us that he is not in a convent. Come on, gay soap characters have more interesting lives than Devon.

Archived