Tinsel (Nigeria) and The Wild (South Africa)

vote4llama

• Members

I found a new website that has episodes of Tinsel from Nigeria and The Wild, which was recently cancelled in South Africa. It has some free content and some paid content but you can get a month for free. I'm excited to see Tinsel in particular...interested to see how Nigeria differs from ZA.

http://www.panatelevision.com/

the website is kind of difficult but hopefully they'll improve it over time

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've wanted to talk about Tinsel but thought it would be too obscure to broach. I watch it on The Africa Channel (when they show new episodes, that is).

It isn't everyone's cup of tea and it is 98% English (the pidgin English, Yoruba, Igbo and French is subtitled) with some actors who's first language isn't English so it may come across as dull or badly acted. If followed, it can be engaging.

And the villain, El Haji Abubakar (known as Masters) can be pretty menacing, and is the show's Teflon man.

• Members

I thought the first episode was really good. A little cliche, but considering how awkward the first episode of a soap tends to be it worked very well. I really hope the website gets more episodes. It has really good production values. The Africa Channel in the US only shows Generations and Isidingo.

Archived