GH: Another dead character returning

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thank you. Jamal and Ali fell deeply in love despite their differing personalities. They risked everything, including their lives, to protect each other. It was loving Jamal that transformed Ali from a spoilt selfish rich girl to a caring brave young woman. They were amazing together, flawed, but devoted to each other, the prefect soap couple. Then ole tedious Rafe comes along and they have a couple conversations, people declare he and Ali have chemistry and suddenly, he is her soulmate. RME.

Breaking up Jamal and Ali and Kevin and Lucy ruined PC for me. To this day, I hold a grudge against the writers about breaking them up. I used to love PC because I got to see those two wonderful couples. I grew to like Livvie and Caleb, but my enjoyment of the show was never the same and then, I just stopped watching.

• Members

Good to see I am not alone, Chit. For all my cynicism, there are still some soap moments over the years that still piss me off today. Jamal and Ali's break up is one of them. I could rant on endlessly about it. I was so furious at the time that I think I even wrote a letter to the soap mags complaining about how wrong it was to break them up.

• Members

Maybe he'll show up just do die!

I am seriously weirded out that only GH & Y&R have this obsession with just randomly killing off characters. B&B thankfully doesn't do that, neither does Days (that stupid Stalker story excluded). I just don't see the point in bringing on someone fans liked to murder them, or to just axe a character by killing them without any sort of big story surrounding it.

Archived