AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well there have been actors that put it in their deals they cant be Grannies. So If Cady is cool, why all the fuss over it. She is the one who has to make it believable. If she can sell it. Thats all that matters iMO

• Members

Cady could be down with anything in regards to Dixie. That's irrelevant to me. What is not irrelevant, however, and what shouldn't be to PP and the show is viewers' acceptance, or lack thereof, of the situation.

You know, it wasn't SO long ago that post-ers here complained about SORAS'ing, something which I called a "necessary evil." Yet, for some magical reason, it's totes okay now. Interesting.

• Members

IMO, that's not fair to Cady. She could be the best actress ever to grace stage, screen or computer but it's not her fault if when viewers look at her they don't see how she could be the mother to Bittle or grandmother to Nelsen. It has nothing to do with acting, it has to do with what people see when they look at the screen.

• Members

I always saw why you felt the time jump was wrong. Personally, I had no problem with concept of a time jump but I thought 5 years was a bit much.

Both shows have burdens to deal with. AMC has to manage the 5 year jump while OLTL chose to operate in "real" time but remain shackled to RC's work on OLTL and GH.

• Members

I'm fine with the time jump. It does what it needs to do for the kids and clearing the decks, but it is fluid enough to allow for OLTL and AMC to cross over in future if they so choose.

As for J.R. and A.J. re: Cady, that was going to happen sooner or later. JY already looked too old, and A.J. was only a year or two away from SORAS himself. At this point anyone who doesn't just accept that she got knocked up real young and go with it was never going to take the ride at AMC anyway. It's just not that serious.

• Members

I dont feel the time jump was necesary. The kids were born in 2003. W/O SORASing, they'd be 9 now. Having them be 15 for teen stories, isnt really that drastic considering other soap SORASING. They would have skipped the pre-teen years but we'd just have to have assumed that happened in the near 2 year gap.

And really they only jumped 3 years in the future. 5 years is emphasized and stressed but they actually jumped 3 years ahead. Time didnt stop when it went off the air. The show is only 3 years ahead of where it should have been.

• Members

I know you did, marceline. That statement was for the "room" in general. :)

I'm not saying AMC needed to pick up exactly where they left off. But I do think they would have been better off keeping in "real time," meaning 2013, along with OLTL.

• Members

Look at what John has suggested up-thread, though. In order to accept JR as Dixie's son, we have to accept or assume that Adam knocked her up when she was between twelve and fourteen. IMO, there are enough strikes against Adam already.

Archived