AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Someone on another board suggested that IF Celia is a Kane then perhaps she's Josh's daughter. If she's barely out of high school, she'd be about the right age to be the result of Josh having a fling in college or med school. That would make her both a Kane and a Martin. It might also give some backstory to why Josh came back to Pine Valley like he did and stole a bunch of money from Zach leading Zach to shoot him for spare body parts. I could get behind her being a Kane that way because no one has to forget they gave birth to a child - you could just say Josh had no clue about her until she was much older. Or perhaps she's a biological daughter or granddaughter of Mark Dalton, but I doubt that would happen - I haven't heard anything about the actor who played Mark coming back, and I'd hate to find out that he cheated on Ellen.

Or you could say that she's Kendall's daughter, born in between the time SMG's Kendall left Pine Valley and AM's Kendall returned, and Kendall gave the baby up for adoption. That's problematic since Kendall likely would NOT have given up her child considering how she felt about Erica giving her up - unless Alice pressured her into it, which might explain why Kendall ditched Alice as soon as Erica was willing to have her back in her life.

Hell, if you wanted to be REALLY creative (read: crazy, but not nearly as crazy as creating a walking un-aborted fetus), you could even retcon it and make Celia Erica's daughter, saying that Erica had one of those "didn't know I was pregnant" experiences until she was out of town on Enchantment business and went into premature labor, delivering a baby she was told died but who was taken by someone for some nefarious reason. Susan Lucci took enough breaks during AMC to film TV movies and have face lifts - excuse me, nose management - that you could claim something like that happened and Erica never told anyone because she didn't know she was pregnant until the baby was gone and she felt horribly guilty because if she'd known she'd have taken better care of herself or what have you, and why tell the would-have-been father and break his heart? And then you just pick a period of time when Susan was off the show for a bit between the mid-1990s and Miranda's birth (since Celia is supposed to be older than Miranda), and voila - instant Kane. tongue.png

Archived