AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'm going with Dixie (and Adam) as far as JR waking up and not remembering what happened. I could see Dixie wanting to sugarcoat things to try and protect him emotionally and not telling him the whole story, Adam wanting JR to FINALLY be strong enough to face the truth without being babied (he isn't) and Brooke understanding both their POVs while understanding that he is going to find out soon enough. The potential Adam, Brooke, Dixie dynamic has me psyched about everything, from that trio (given their history) coming full circle and raising AJ together to the fallout with the Martins as far as their respective choices as far as JR/AJ are concerned. If Tad is in a coma because of JR, I can't see Jamie being remotely ok with Brooke being with Adam...so if that is what happened, Brooke ultimately chose Adam, JR and AJ over her son. Or if Tad is alive and went off in a snit because Dixie chose to stick by JR and went all in with Adam (instead of sticking with him/Krystal for AJ) for AJ, Dixie chose JR, AJ and Adam over Tad/Kathy and she did it because Brooke was standing by Adam. Like I said, the potential dynamic is awesome...and I'm interested to see what kind of kid AJ turns out to be with those three as his parental influences and how he views his father as an end result. My guess is that he will be a good kid and even if he has a difficult relationship with JR, he won't hate him because (unlike with Tad and JR, one of AJ's parents will not be drilling the notion that his father "is evil" in his head) he will be raised by those who love JR. With that said, it WILL be interesting if AJ loves Adam unconditionally and views him the way JR always viewed (though that whole mantra never worked for me after Tad told him his child was dead) Tad and views JR the way JR always viewed Adam - with JR resenting Adam's bond with AJ and (on a deeper level) resenting AJ's bond with Adam.

• Members

I'm starting to think it's possible that when David asked Cara, "Was it a boy? Was it a girl?," he was referring to Cara giving the baby up for adoption. That said, it doesn't really explain her phone call about the clinic but we'll see. I'm intrigued by David and Cara for sure.

• Members

It's obvious the kid is alive.

It amuses me how much the creepy dude in Celia's mirror looks like Michael Massee/Michael Parks/every creepy character actor of the last 30 years. I was also glad they clarified she has graduated her school and is teaching there, lest Pete rob the cradle. The luminous ingenue with a gothic mystery in her past is a classic staple, particularly of Agnes Nixon's work. I'm glad it's back. I also have to wonder how much A.J. will end up resembling one of the tortured poor little rich Alden boys from Loving - hopefully a lot.

The locket Celia drops that Pete finds has Francesca James' face in it, almost certainly patterned after a familiar pic of Kitty or Kelly from the '70s I swear I've seen before. I highly doubt that is a coincidence. Agnes was always extremely fond of James and of those characters; I suspect Evelyn is one of them.

Archived